HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 15, 2003, 03:48 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
PC Game Question (NOLF) How do I get the welder to work??

I am playing a PC Game called "No One Lives Forever" it's a pretty cool game but one thing I cannot figure out. You have a "Built In" Welder feature included in your Cigarette Lighter but for the life of me I cannot get the Lighter to switch into Welder Mode, is there a trick to this or something I'm not pushing? All I'm getting is the darn lighter!

-Thanks-

Mike
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old Mar 15, 2003, 07:24 PM
Lubbock, TX
Joined Jul 2001
213 Posts
Mike,

You can only use the welder in certain situations to actually cut metal, and even in those situations you have to have your cursor on a specific area to activate it. For instance, there are some gates that you can open with it, but you have to point your torch directly at the hinges. When you do, you'll get a prompt to weld just like you do with those lock picks and the doors (a little progress bar pops up). Also, you can use the welder to finish off people that you knock unconscious or people that you sneak up on. Hehehe.

Eric

Edit:
That is how it works for NOLF2, if you're talking about the first one, I'm actually not sure how it works because I haven't played that one.
ETrain is offline Find More Posts by ETrain
Old Mar 15, 2003, 09:34 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Works the same in NOLF. Mainly used for cutting off locks. Both are excellent games, imho.

Now working through Metal of Honor, a very excellent game.
Big Foot 48 is offline Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Mar 15, 2003, 10:14 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
I checked every inch of this gate & I get the green box but all I can get in the Lighter! I may have to Cheat thru this level just to get past this point, I must be missing something.

-Mike-
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman