SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Old Sep 30, 2009, 08:19 AM
7000mw of raw power!
New Hampshire (not the old one)
Joined Dec 2006
5,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadSack
Yes, however if using an N-FET like 2n7000 the resistors may not be needed. Op amps and logic gates will work too. Many ways to do the old polarity switcheroo. NPN with the resistors may be easier to procure though.
rich smith is offline Find More Posts by rich smith
Old Sep 30, 2009, 08:23 AM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
well i can follow and look but unless i see it i can't figure it out
Old Oct 01, 2009, 03:31 PM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
futaba Working!!!!!! Excellant, Thanks very much for your time and effort.

And thanks too druzara for 6 channel asm and tweak

Thanks guys, Phil
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:35 AM
USA, CA, Fontana
Joined Mar 2005
1,101 Posts
3 Channel

I was just reading this thread. Really interesting thread.
I have a DX3S radio from Spektrum and SR300 rx. I was wondering if the asm code that was posted by druzara will be able to convert the PWM signal coming out of my SR300 back to a PPM signal.

Thanks
actionplus is offline Find More Posts by actionplus
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:48 AM
MyFlyDream
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
Hi all,

I was trying to program a ATTiny25, but the programmer software I use does not accept any HEX fusebit setting.

Can some one translate the fusebits for me?

fuseh=ef
fusel=3a

Many thanks!
erazotropa is offline Find More Posts by erazotropa
Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:48 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2008
40 Posts
Spektrum AR6100E

Hi,
I am using this program to try and get a useable PPM signal from the above RX when used with a DX6i TX. I use an ATtiny2313 and used the asm from an earlier post. It compiled okay and the hex file matches that shown in the post. I kept the fuses as default. My problem is that the scope seems to show a very mixed up PPM. I matched the PWM signals from the RX as instructed. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Thanks
helidave1 is offline Find More Posts by helidave1
Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:49 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2008
40 Posts
Ar6100e

Update!
Well I know why the signal on PB7 seems mixed but I don't understand it or know how to cure it!
The chip is on a breadboard with the RX connected by standard bridge links that come with the breadboard. Whilst I was stripping the RX of to check the wiring connections on PB0 to PB5 I noticed I have a signal on the output even when the RX is not connected!!! I stripped the circuit right down to the basic chip and simply applied power and added short links of approx. 75mm length. As I added these to the input ports of the chip I monitored the output. As soon as I have more than three links on the breadboard (attached to the input pins and not connected to anything on the other end) I get a square wave signal on the output.
Anybody know why this is?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:38 AM
Aircraft re-kitter
15NM from CYYZ on 06L
Joined Feb 2007
632 Posts
Where timing is critical a microprocessor is not the way to go, you could do the whole thing with one 4078 and a couple of resistors and caps
ergocentric is offline Find More Posts by ergocentric
Old Jun 20, 2010, 04:55 AM
Toronto Canada
Joined Feb 2008
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helidave1 View Post
Update!
Well I know why the signal on PB7 seems mixed but I don't understand it or know how to cure it!
The chip is on a breadboard with the RX connected by standard bridge links that come with the breadboard. Whilst I was stripping the RX of to check the wiring connections on PB0 to PB5 I noticed I have a signal on the output even when the RX is not connected!!! I stripped the circuit right down to the basic chip and simply applied power and added short links of approx. 75mm length. As I added these to the input ports of the chip I monitored the output. As soon as I have more than three links on the breadboard (attached to the input pins and not connected to anything on the other end) I get a square wave signal on the output.
Anybody know why this is?
Hi,

sounds to me your rx isn't pulling up the inputs on the 2313. you could either enable the internal pull-up resistors on the 2313 by writing 0xFF to portB before setting the DDRB register or install 10K resistors on each of the 6 inputs to the +Vcc of your 2313.

-Rex
druzara is offline Find More Posts by druzara
Last edited by druzara; Jun 20, 2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:16 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2008
40 Posts
Thanks for the help

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response. I was out flying today (great weather here in the UK for a change!) so will try the pull up resistors when I get chance this evening. If that works I will enable the internal pull ups as you suggested.
Once again, thanks.
David
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:00 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2008
40 Posts
Getting there slowly

Hi again,
The pull up resistors give me a clean input signal but I must have a timing issue somewhere. The scope shows me a group of three pulses followed by a gap and then three more. When I operate a channel on the TX the Pulse starts to expand then the group changes to a group of two or one dependent on the channel I am playing with.
I should point out that I have left the fuses on default which I believe gives me 8mhz but looking at the scope, maybe I am mistaken!

As before, any help or pointers gratefully received.
David
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:57 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,523 Posts
Maybe you have the sequence of channels, this is vital. I also had the problem that gabage came out (AR6100, DX8).

I rearranged the channels:
PB0: Ail
PB1: Aux
PB2: Gear
PB3: Ele
PB4: Thr
PB5: Rudd

I found the right sequence with a trick: Connect 6 resistors to the channels, first channel 1kOhm, second channel 2kOhm, third 3kOhm, and so on. Connect the other ends of the resistors together and with 6kOhm to ground. When you connect your oscolliscope where all resistors are connected, you see the pulse with the highest voltage is channel 1, the next lower is channel 2, and so on. You can figure the right sequence easily out. With this trick you need only one channel on your oscilloscope (who owns an oscilloscope with more than 2 channels )
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Dec 15, 2010, 04:00 PM
USA, NY, Syracuse
Joined May 2005
874 Posts
I got this sequence when in heli mode 1 servo

1 Aileron
2 Aux
3 Elevator
4 Rudder
5 Throttle
6 Gear

and I got the one you posted in areo mode with a dx7. I switched to an ar6000 and have a straight 1 >6 just the same as the ppm jack and it should work as a wireless buddy box.

hoping to test tomorrow night at the LHS.
beer-man is online now Find More Posts by beer-man