HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2015, 04:38 AM
Romania, CL, Călărași
Joined Jan 2009
264 Posts
Discussion
UH-1B 500 class

New fuselage UH-1 and new Trex500 pod and boom(never flew),bad weather to fly.Now the question:I could install TREX in the fuselage and
make it ready for flight or is necessarily to be flown in pod and boom version?
takeoff2 is online now Find More Posts by takeoff2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:50 AM
Joined Mar 2009
195 Posts
Most scale helicopter builders get their mechanics spot on while in pod and boom, then they install it secured into the fuselage. Final adjustments and balancing, and time for a maiden. Scottheli
scottheli is offline Find More Posts by scottheli
Old Jan 13, 2015, 08:43 AM
Romania, CL, Călărași
Joined Jan 2009
264 Posts
Ok,I know that but I want some opinions.It is version tail belt and is a lot of work,thanks anyway.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 09:10 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,568 Posts
I'm not sure if this happens a lot on all belt drive tails but as you start to use them, the belt will slightly stretch and over the first few weeks, will do it the most. If I was to put a belt drive in today, I would run it as a pod and boom to settle the belt in before committing any cut-outs for the tail. If it stretches after a few flights, you might need to slot the tail shaft hole in the fuselage to allow you to lengthen the boom. In the case of the UH-1, it might be the other way around where you need to adjust the positioning of the chassis a bit further forward as the boom is not so easy to lengthen in the angled boom. I would run it for at least a week before installing it in the body, but that's just me. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:35 AM
Romania, CL, Călărași
Joined Jan 2009
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
I'm not sure if this happens a lot on all belt drive tails but as you start to use them, the belt will slightly stretch and over the first few weeks, will do it the most. If I was to put a belt drive in today, I would run it as a pod and boom to settle the belt in before committing any cut-outs for the tail. If it stretches after a few flights, you might need to slot the tail shaft hole in the fuselage to allow you to lengthen the boom. In the case of the UH-1, it might be the other way around where you need to adjust the positioning of the chassis a bit further forward as the boom is not so easy to lengthen in the angled boom. I would run it for at least a week before installing it in the body, but that's just me. Take care.

Don
What is interesting heli mechanics fits perfectly in the fuselage,no need for any modifications.After all I will mount and I will fly in pod and boom version.Thanks Don.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:33 AM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,568 Posts
You know, what I had forgotten is that the tail boom section that comes up the fin is the perfect place to stretch the length of the overall boom if the belt becomes loose over time. In reality, the belt thing is no issue with that type of tail. Still, fly it in pod and boom form to work out any kinks beforehand so there are no surprises later on. You are going down that path and enjoy the walk. Take care.

Don
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:23 PM
Romania, CL, Călărași
Joined Jan 2009
264 Posts
Ok,I got it, it is about the little tail section to which I have a good access.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:35 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,568 Posts
Yup, you have it and that is great access for any future adjustments.

Don
Old Feb 01, 2015, 04:56 AM
Romania, CL, Călărași
Joined Jan 2009
264 Posts
Suppose I want to buy a board like this, what are the mounting methods(in the fuselage)?
Old Feb 09, 2015, 12:38 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Sep 2013
385 Posts
Is this the RCAerodyne fuselage and cockpit? In that case you don't permanently attach it to anything; I'm not even sure if it is held in place by magnets. I only know this from seeing it on a friend't Huey, and all I know for sure is that it is removable.
getsuyoubi is offline Find More Posts by getsuyoubi
Old Mar 21, 2015, 05:49 AM
Romania, CL, Călărași
Joined Jan 2009
264 Posts
Let me tell you some of the problems that we encountered at this kit,most issues were to the mechanism of the raised tail:
one of the guide rolls was plastic, one of my friends(who possess CNC tools) really helped and made me two pieces one guide roller
and one angular lever.

The old and the new guide roller:
Old Mar 21, 2015, 05:56 AM
Romania, CL, Călărași
Joined Jan 2009
264 Posts
The new ensemble:
Old Mar 21, 2015, 06:01 AM
Romania, CL, Călărași
Joined Jan 2009