HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:34 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Apr 2011
838 Posts
I have an ar636 in a stinger 64 and with the gyro off the plane is good, when it's on its awesome. It's all about what makes you enjoy the plane more, least that's what I've come to find
kohersh is online now Find More Posts by kohersh
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:52 AM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Question again

Have the PA Quantum 70 pro. Reading through the instructions I belive i will every thing as factory's setup except for one this is the question.. Frequency it is set at 8kHz for the PA 50 motor should it not be set at 16 kHz. Or has somebody done and got noise for the ESC.
Snort is offline Find More Posts by Snort
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:17 AM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Apr 2011
838 Posts
the manual states that 16 would be more efficient but for the concern of not interfering with the radio it's set to 8. everyone on the team leaves it set to default and the performance is as shown on the videos. I am also curious though if anyone has changed it?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:29 AM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Continuation

Next question on the set up of the controler. Low voltage cut off the general rule that I seem to read is that not to run the battery voltage below 3.75 volts per cell. What cut of point is the general practice from what I have read then it would be best to set the shut down at 3.2 volts. What is every body doing..
Snort is offline Find More Posts by Snort
Old Mar 21, 2015, 03:04 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Oct 2010
416 Posts
Just wanted to report that my PA XL is almost fully sorted and I'm very happy with it. I was having issue with my roll authority and I was having an issue with the servo horns slightly skipping teeth on the servo. I replaced horns all the way around and it's exactly what I was looking for to practice maneuvers. All I have left is to change my tail servo to a hitec and tighten the kevlar cables. I like how it tells me when I'm practicing rolling harriers if I'm slightly out of sync, it's much less visible on my 32" foamies.
mnavarro is offline Find More Posts by mnavarro
Old Mar 21, 2015, 07:30 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Apr 2011
838 Posts
3.2V/cell is where I leave mine. I run telemetry on every PA plane I have and I set the radio to alert me at 3.4V/cell. This way as the voltage sags it buzzes in my hands, I can reduce power and land. I do this in conjunction with a timer. The timer is my standard, if the voltage alert is set off I know i have a problem and its time to land and evaluate whats going on.
RCG Plus Member