SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Mar 2013
590 Posts
THE SAME GOES FOR THE PROPS. I have seen a number of failures from over tightening the bolts and nuts. It stresses the nut holder and causes the small cracks to form. Snug them up tight and stop, no need to "torque" them down

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangaras View Post
No problem.

This goes back a couple of years before the new shift started with this model. You would have to do some thread diving to find the posts.

Essentially people were reefing on the screws to tighten down the retracts. That would bend them to fit the shape of the wing (bad) causing the binding. One they were loosened to "just snug" all was well.
Diamond Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Diamond Hobby
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Hobby View Post
THE SAME GOES FOR THE PROPS. I have seen a number of failures from over tightening the bolts and nuts. It stresses the nut holder and causes the small cracks to form. Snug them up tight and stop, no need to "torque" them down

Jim
+1 to that..

Just remember, if the props & hub don't go together smoothly then you have an issue you need to take up with your reseller.

Before FMS fixed the issue there were some blades & hubs that a 5lb dead blow hammer could not persuade to snug up, so people overtightened & they would blow apart.

I think I have one assembled that I keep as a spare that you can see the separation of the hub. Never used it, but......
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM
United States, CA, Yorba Linda
Joined Mar 2013
544 Posts
FMS F4U Corsair 1700mm

Thanks v8!Lol! 👍
YLFlyer is offline Find More Posts by YLFlyer