New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2015, 02:54 AM
Find More Posts by flyslikearock
United States, OR, Grants Pass
Joined Apr 2014
411 Posts
Discussion
FTDI D4RII Flashing Issues

Im trying to flash my D4RII for 8ch PPM with my FTDI tool using FT Prog and its not working. When I click "scan and parse" its looks for connected devices but just goes back to "ready" and the panels dont fill with any info. I have checked in my devices and my FTDI is seen by the USB port on my PC when connected. I have the required .net 4.0+ files required also already installed. The FTDI works with all my other projects so far like osd flashing and MW programing. The port I'm using on the PC is the same one I always use for my programmers and the USB is 100% guaranteed working correctly but I have tried with 2 others I know work and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Here is a link to my FTDI also. Its an older white one from here but looks just like this one hes selling now.

http://www.readytoflyquads.com/cp2102-usb-adapter
flyslikearock is offline Find More Posts by flyslikearock
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2015, 04:24 AM
Find More Posts by Octiva
Joined May 2013
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyslikearock View Post
Im trying to flash my D4RII for 8ch PPM with my FTDI tool using FT Prog and its not working. When I click "scan and parse" its looks for connected devices but just goes back to "ready" and the panels dont fill with any info. I have checked in my devices and my FTDI is seen by the USB port on my PC when connected. I have the required .net 4.0+ files required also already installed. The FTDI works with all my other projects so far like osd flashing and MW programing. The port I'm using on the PC is the same one I always use for my programmers and the USB is 100% guaranteed working correctly but I have tried with 2 others I know work and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Here is a link to my FTDI also. Its an older white one from here but looks just like this one hes selling now.

http://www.readytoflyquads.com/cp2102-usb-adapter
u can't use ftdi with that chip (CP2102) , u need a FTDI cable or board with a FT232R or FT232RL where u can change port to inverted out.

Read here
http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...-and-ftdi-cabl
Octiva is offline Find More Posts by Octiva
Old May 20, 2015, 08:28 AM
Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Dec 2014
337 Posts
Octiva is correct you cant use FDTI drivers with a CP2102 chip, they're totally different. Note the device isnt called a "FDTI device" its a USB -> UART converter. FDTI is the name of that specific one (actually it's the name of the iC manufacturer, I'm sure that chip has a more specific model number too). I imagine you can get around you problem by installing a real C2102 driver from SiLabs

Note2: I see you mention it does work with your other projects, if that's the case most likely what's going on is the other ones are using an older driver / protocol and/or fewer pin's of which the FW / pinout is identical from FDTI to SiLabs, just take care to not break it from working with the rest of your stuff trying to make it work with this one new thing. You may be better off buying a real FDTI device if that's what's specifically listed on the how-to for flashing the D4RII
Cereal_Killer is online now Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer
Old May 20, 2015, 07:44 PM
Find More Posts by Robert_AU
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jul 2012
744 Posts
It looks like the fixed the description or changed the product at some point, see attached screenshot, where FTDI FT232RL is crossed out. Calling it an FTDI adaptor is a bit misleading though. You can get a real FTDI adaptor for about the same price and it will be worth having in this hobby.
Robert_AU is offline Find More Posts by Robert_AU