New Products Flash Sale

Ares Ethos FPV Quad Copter

FPV Starter Quad for under $300

Splash

Get Started in FPV

If you've been thinking about getting into FPV quad flying and don't want to build an entire setup from scratch, then you'll want to check out the Ethos FPV Quad from Ares-RC. It's a Ready to Fly quadcopter that comes with everything you need for under $300. The included FPV camera sends a live video feed to a 4-1/2" LCD screen that attaches to the transmitter and also records 720p HD footage on board to a micro SD card. It looks to be a great entry level quad to learn to fly or to get your start in FPV.

Learn more about the Ethos FPV Quad here.

Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:46 AM
Find More Posts by Aaron qin
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
1,078 Posts
Wow,Look so cute.It is almost the same as this one: Wltoys V666 except its canopy and price.
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 16, 2014, 07:25 AM
XFM
Find More Posts by XFM
XFM
eXperimental Flying Machines
Joined Aug 2010
563 Posts
So, it must be a really good canopy
XFM is offline Find More Posts by XFM
Old Oct 16, 2014, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by Get Real
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,121 Posts
Seen one of these at the local hobby town.

ARES Ethos FPV Quadcopter Demo At Hobbytown (2 min 27 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiRC.com HMB 235 Mini Quad
Old Oct 26, 2014, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by danfev1985
Joined Oct 2014
18 Posts
I bought one two nights ago to practice fpv since I'm new to it. Had a successful 5 minute full fpv flight with it already. It can take a beating to because of crashed ALOT.
danfev1985 is offline Find More Posts by danfev1985
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:27 PM
Find More Posts by ems1016
United States, NY, Clinton
Joined Jan 2012
38 Posts
Jellooooo

Camera a total turn off. Jelloooo! Awful video.
ems1016 is offline Find More Posts by ems1016
Old Oct 28, 2014, 03:55 AM
XFM
Find More Posts by XFM
XFM
eXperimental Flying Machines
Joined Aug 2010
563 Posts
True, but had they shot bikini girls jogging instead,

we would not have noticed at all
XFM is offline Find More Posts by XFM
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by ems1016
United States, NY, Clinton
Joined Jan 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFM View Post
True, but had they shot bikini girls jogging instead,

we would not have noticed at all
Lol.
ems1016 is offline Find More Posts by ems1016
Old Nov 16, 2014, 09:37 PM
Find More Posts by STRRAYNGE
Joined Nov 2014
1 Posts
I'm new to quadcopters. I actually just picked one of these up on Friday. Found it on CL. The guy bought it November 8th, but had to sell cause he needed the money. Gave me the receipt too. Brand new, never flown, got it for 100 bucks! I haven't taken it outside yet, just played with it in the house. Flies good, seems to have lots of power, but yeah, camera isn't too good. But. For 100.00, I'm glad I grabbed it!
STRRAYNGE is offline Find More Posts by STRRAYNGE
Old Dec 12, 2014, 01:06 PM
Find More Posts by otherside
Joined Dec 2014
3 Posts
I recently got one of these from my local Hobby Town and the Quad is great for someone new to this like myself. but the camera is junk. I flew once with the camera on and it worked fine but my skills were a bit off (I never flew over 2ft this first flight) but it did land on its side so I removed the camera and put it back in the box until I got the hang of flying. a week later I tried it again with the camera only to find out it didn't work so I took it back and I was told that there where scratches on the bottom so I would have to buy a new camera another $100. This thing only had one rough landing and it wasn't that hard, hell I crashed my plane harder and it still flew. anyway for a beginner class fpv the camera should be able to take at least a few bumps. other then that its a good starter
otherside is offline Find More Posts by otherside
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:51 PM
Find More Posts by QuadFlyerXD
Joined Jan 2015
1 Posts
I just bought mine and hobbytowmUSA decided to raise the price ($300) to ($330) before I got it. Does anyone know where I can find batteries for this Quad?
QuadFlyerXD is offline Find More Posts by QuadFlyerXD
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:59 AM
Find More Posts by nighthhawk
Joined Jan 2015
1 Posts
beware

bought hobbytown colonie ny.drone sucked broke before first outdoor flight. customer service was awfull from both hobbytown and neil from oklahoma.n o updates from either when it was out couldnt even get them to return my calls after i dropped over $$400 in there shop. I was so pissed at there service the little bald man at hobbytown didnt even know how close he was to getting ripped over the counter and smacked. finally got quad back after a about 40 days pulled the camera off and smashed the drone i wanted to sell it and recover some mula spent but didnt wanna rip someoone else off. beware this is the same as arsd hd which dosn't have fpv just camera for recording.bought the nighthawk from go nitro hobbies so much happier crashed the drone from 100' picked it up and kept flying go 250 class racer instead of this piece even the $20 carbon frames are better and so much more hhelpfull info online via youtube
nighthhawk is offline Find More Posts by nighthhawk
Old Feb 13, 2015, 04:23 PM
Find More Posts by gurusonwheels
Joined Feb 2015
1 Posts
i have a fpv camera off a crashed one .. anyone know how to activate the camera to record . i want to use it on another quad because its light .

i can plug bat into balance plug and camera powers on ..
just dont know what it needs to see on other line to begin recording
gurusonwheels is offline Find More Posts by gurusonwheels