HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2014, 07:37 PM
Joined Nov 2011
5 Posts
Discussion
Engine Swap

Need some help please, Young lad has just bought a GS Storm unlimited truck from ebay, but the engine has been run to lean and has destroyed the piston and liner.
the engine is a GS R25MT .25 engine I can find very little on the internet about this engine so instead of messing about with another second hand engine I will buy him a cheap new engine. Can you tell me would the ASP .25CX engine bolt into this truck and the clutch fit, both have the long crank shaft with a cone collar at the front bearing. I was trying to find out if the length of the exposed crank shaft on the ASP engine with no luck or are they all about the same size.
thanks in advance for any advice Mike.
Bush Flyer. is offline Find More Posts by Bush Flyer.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2014, 12:28 PM
Thumper King
United States, RI
Joined Aug 2011
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Flyer. View Post
Need some help please, Young lad has just bought a GS Storm unlimited truck from ebay, but the engine has been run to lean and has destroyed the piston and liner.
the engine is a GS R25MT .25 engine I can find very little on the internet about this engine so instead of messing about with another second hand engine I will buy him a cheap new engine. Can you tell me would the ASP .25CX engine bolt into this truck and the clutch fit, both have the long crank shaft with a cone collar at the front bearing. I was trying to find out if the length of the exposed crank shaft on the ASP engine with no luck or are they all about the same size.
thanks in advance for any advice Mike.
Either way there's plenty of info if you use google.

From I managed to scoop up is that the gs is just another SH engine. So judging by the size it should be a clone from a xtm 24/7, mach 26 and other standard .25 or .26 engines.

Asp .25cx? Do you mind posting some info on that engine. Never heard of an asp car engine.
Barracuz is offline Find More Posts by Barracuz
Old Mar 19, 2014, 04:05 AM
Joined Nov 2011
5 Posts
I too found out that the GS is another SH engine but I could not find any dimensions. How long does the crankshaft exit from the front bearing,
This is where I found out about the ASP 25CX engine. http://www.sanyemodel.com/EnglistVs/...o.aspx?P_id=14
do you think this engine is the same as GS R25MT and the SH engine.
Bush Flyer. is offline Find More Posts by Bush Flyer.