SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Sep 2011
10 Posts
Discussion
Dynam Peaks Biplane Prop Flew Off

I was recently flying my Dynam Peaks biplane and mid-flight the prop and spinner flew off. Luckily, I was able to land the plane but it was a hard landing. The gear ripped out of the foam. The back of the gear tore into the bottom part of the wings and the metal landing bar was warped. I checked the spinner and I could not have tightened the nut up anymore than I did. There were grooves in the motor shaft from where the spinner flew off. Has anyone else experienced this problem. I was not doing any 3D flying - just normal flight.
texs24 is offline Find More Posts by texs24
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:34 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
375 Posts
Did you balance the prop? The props isn't coming balanced from the factory and it's highly recommend to balance the props on all of the new Dynam planes.

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Sep 2011
10 Posts
Charlie,

Thanks for your quick reponse. I bought a prop balancer and will see if it helps. It can't hurt!
texs24 is offline Find More Posts by texs24