HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:11 PM
aspiring noob
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Aug 2012
16 Posts
Rant
another lost customer

So i just got off the phone with some guy in lakewood washington usa who dropped off my 2 item package consisting of a hobbyking esc and a turnigy ubec at the local UPS store cause the lady at that store called him earlier today because i called her asking about hobbyking...

Ill admit it was my fault choosing the united states pickup shipping for $0.00 but it is very misleading when you order from the usa warehouse. I thought it meant usps pickup but whatever i still made the mistake..

i ordered this monday morning from the usa warehouse with paypal. Why do i call on friday and make the lady ask why my package isnt shipped to get him to ship it?? Another piece of this is i still had to pay shipping... 12 something dollars... I winced and told the lady ok. The 2 items were me caving in and just replacing a HK "red brick" i bought earlier last month which is the other half of this story but, those 2 items were i believe under 125 grams of total shipped weight and ups charged almost 13 dollars?!? For UPS ground? It cant be more than a 6" square box that feels empty..
How or why is irrelevant however cause again, i made the decision to pay ups 13.00 to ship a 18.00 order Instead of canceling the whole thing..

The First order i talked about earlier is my very first HK order andi should haveknown then to just let it go and n ever try that again but the ESC fried and smoked on the test bench about 2 minutes in and the over heat trip went and it stopped i told myself itsonly 8 dollars and ill return it but im not waiting for a refund to get another ESC.

So, long story longer, i spent a lot of waiting, and about 20 bucks i got screwed out of with the extra shipping and the lost cause "dead" brick. But i learned a valuable lesson about hobbyking which is repeated over and over again on this forum and others that YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. We all know the old addage and its ringing in my ears right now. I cant tell you how many i read when i waited 33 days for a 50 dollar order from china about how many people have waited 50 Days for nothing and waited to find out they cant dispute there charges anymore cause its past 45 days but look at me trying to order another box of crap from HK and getting screwed over again.. shame on me for trusting the internet
ghosty is offline Find More Posts by ghosty
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined May 2012
34 Posts
That is true, you do get what you pay for...
But, it sound like all your problems are UPS related, not HK....
HK have a great line of products, some basics and very cheap, and some brands like Futaba, JR and Hitec that you can get from them for the lowest price in the market (!) just do your own math.
RCMagician is offline Find More Posts by RCMagician
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:42 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
So i just got off the phone with some guy in lakewood washington usa who dropped off my 2 item package consisting of a hobbyking esc and a turnigy ubec at the local UPS store cause the lady at that store called him earlier today because i called her asking about hobbyking...
I sorta get what you are saying, but your writing is not clear. I'm interested on how this local pickup thing work. Are you saying HK drops it off at your UPS store and you go pick it up?

Quote:
The First order i talked about earlier is my very first HK order andi should haveknown then to just let it go and n ever try that again but the ESC fried and smoked on the test bench about 2 minutes in and the over heat trip went and it stopped i told myself itsonly 8 dollars and ill return it but im not waiting for a refund to get another ESC.
How were you testing it?
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Sep 15, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:56 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMagician View Post
That is true, you do get what you pay for...
But, it sound like all your problems are UPS related, not HK....
HK have a great line of products, some basics and very cheap, and some brands like Futaba, JR and Hitec that you can get from them for the lowest price in the market (!) just do your own math.
+1

Sounds like something with UPS here but your writing isnt very concise...
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:20 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Doesn't local pickup mean you pick up from their warehouse in Washington?
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:01 AM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2010
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
Doesn't local pickup mean you pick up from their warehouse in Washington?
Yes, and they refund your shipping charges after you pick up the items....
Whirlyman5000 is offline Find More Posts by Whirlyman5000
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:50 PM
aspiring noob
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Aug 2012
16 Posts
Actually the local pickup is done at the ups store the HK website does NOT charge anything for shipping cause they DONT ship it.. BTW, hobbyking's "USA warehouse" is just some guy named Dale That rummages through all the inventory in lakewood washington and puts it at that ups store for local pickup. Or you can ask him to ship it via ups which i do not recommend at all pick the cheapest shipping on the website for home delivery. Not the 0.00 dollar choice unless you live close to there.. again my fault for not paying attention but also HK's fault for thewebsite being misleading
ghosty is offline Find More Posts by ghosty
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:17 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Actually the local pickup is done at the ups store the HK website does NOT charge anything for shipping cause they DONT ship it.. BTW, hobbyking's "USA warehouse" is just some guy named Dale That rummages through all the inventory in lakewood washington and puts it at that ups store for local pickup. Or you can ask him to ship it via ups which i do not recommend at all pick the cheapest shipping on the website for home delivery. Not the 0.00 dollar choice unless you live close to there.. again my fault for not paying attention but also HK's fault for thewebsite being misleading
Pls. Can you write proper English so we can understand you. I am very interested in this local pickup but can't even make out clearly what you are trying to get across.

Are you saying this local pickup is done by Dale? By selecting "local pickup", Dale then drops it off that the UPS store and the customer picks it up from the UPS store? Is that right?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:25 PM
Joined Jul 2012
16 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. But isn't the "local pickup" somewhere in Lakewood California?
IIIHorseman is offline Find More Posts by IIIHorseman
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:35 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIHorseman View Post
I was wondering the same thing. But isn't the "local pickup" somewhere in Lakewood California?
Lakewood Washington

imgumby
imgumby is offline Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:14 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
Lakewood Washington

imgumby
800 miles from me. Yea. that's a little too far for me to drive

@18 miles on gallon, that would cost me about 45 gallons of gas @4.15/gallon, I'd spend $186 on a 1 way trip there...or almost $400 for pickup.

I think I'll have them deliver it. Maybe one of these days when I get silly, I might make the drive.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:28 AM
Joined Sep 2008
103 Posts
Rant is right, over $18.00 worth of stuff that you actually have.
You write like an excited kid, perhaps a little editing before pressing post will help.
flashburn is offline Find More Posts by flashburn