USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
Discussion
Do RCG rules apply in SSC?

In this post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...91&postcount=3

The OP posted this:
Quote:
Possibly more than coincidental is the yuks these two are having over trolling their off-topic bait posts in their disruption of the same thread:
I reported this a a "personal attack" two days ago but no action was taken, as I asked in the title "Do RCG rules apply in SSC?"

I also reference this reply to an appeal thread:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...61&postcount=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourke
Honestly you sound kind of nutty when you go right to moderator bias when you are unhappy.

However, I don't see a problem with what you've said so I've erased the point.

Jim
OK I guess he is the site owner.....

Brad
bradpaul is offline Find More Posts by bradpaul
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:38 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpaul View Post
In this post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...91&postcount=3

The OP posted this:

I reported this a a "personal attack" two days ago but no action was taken, as I asked in the title "Do RCG rules apply in SSC?"
No action was taken because it wasn't a personal attack.
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:03 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,418 Posts
^^^ Agreed.

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Feb 16, 2012, 03:34 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
I have seen hidden warned posts in SS/C before, so I assume the standard rules apply.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:47 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
I too have been the victim of a personal attack on my character in SS/C.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=12

I reported this post, but no action was taken. To the best of my knowledge, it is supposed to be ok to attack a user's post, but not a user directly.

So to answer your question, the rules may apply in SS/C depending upon who the user is. I have seen users (myself included) get points for posts in SS/C.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:52 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post

I reported this post, but no action was taken. To the best of my knowledge, it is supposed to be ok to attack a user's post, but not a user directly.

So to answer your question, the rules may apply in SS/C depending upon who the user is. I have seen users (myself included) get points for posts in SS/C.
lol.

Even if that post earned a point, the good money is on it being reversed upon appeal.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:35 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post

It still amazes me how some people still seem to think this website is run like America or any other representative democracy.
It ain't, its a dictatorship, yes there are rules, but the management are free to ignore those rules when they wish.
They own and run this place, not us, not a commitee of elected members.
If someone annoys them they can and will do what they want to get rid of the annoyance.
Don't want to get a ban?
Don't annoy the owners.
Reporting one of owners posts is like on Hitlers photo at a meeting of the SS political officers commitee.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:17 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
It still amazes me how some people still seem to think this website is run like America or any other representative democracy.
It ain't, its a dictatorship, yes there are rules, but the management are free to ignore those rules when they wish.
They own and run this place, not us, not a commitee of elected members.
If someone annoys them they can and will do what they want to get rid of the annoyance.
Don't want to get a ban?
Don't annoy the owners.
Reporting one of owners posts is like on Hitlers photo at a meeting of the SS political officers commitee.
Almost. With a site this size, rolling over people is seen as "admin abuse" and sure makes your job as moderator/admin/owner much more difficult when the user base sees your actions as heavy handed...or an uneven application of the rules. I suspect, in the end, it would cause more problems than it solves.

I'm not suggesting the Jim's don't have the ability to do what they want, I'm saying they might lack the restraint. Character attacks on users is clearly bad form.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:31 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
I can assure you the rules apply in SSC. I have a post that is hidden right now for a personal attack. Its under appeal so we will see what happens. There was special circumstances when I made the post so I don't feel it should be a pointable post.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance