New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:54 PM
Find More Posts by slotracer577
Joined Jan 2006
668 Posts
That is why it's nice to have fast servo's. You can gybe fast enough to not loose any ground. Keep the boom to port and you have as much rights as you can in any situation.

Note that if you use boom position for tack it works no matter what the wind direction.
slotracer577 is offline Find More Posts by slotracer577
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2015, 03:09 PM
Find More Posts by wyldrydes2
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Apr 2012
709 Posts
Thx

Thank you one-n-all. I've got the hot links above in a folder plus these various explanations.
This is a great site. Nice work!

Jerry
GRP ODOM #540
Amen I-54 #77
Vortex SB #443
GRP Olsen Wheeler #14
wyldrydes2 is offline Find More Posts by wyldrydes2
Old Apr 24, 2015, 05:44 PM
Find More Posts by nrallen1
FlyerNik
Burbank, CA
Joined Sep 2009
28 Posts
Rules are part of the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphjon View Post
this sound far to political for me , this idea of rules takes away the fun element of the sailing . i prefer the try to avoid other boats and if boats do collide its a simple " sorry " between the two skippers and we carry on sailing .
What makes sailing "racing" not fun is when the players don't care to know the rules. It is a poor excuse and you aren't racing unless there is a defined framework. The number of arguments that arise from the skippers not understanding that they were not the ROW boat dominates my local club. I am relatively new to sailing models but I have flown GA aircraft for decades and the rules save my life and we aren't even racing. Most accidents arise from broken rules. Not caring to read or know them and to take umbrage from someone trying to explain them is a local club disease. I look for as many regional and national events I can and never are there situation as basic as this discussion. When you accept that there are rules then you may interpret them to the jurors in the room, or take your turns because you believe in Corinthian ethics.

Nick

Britpop #787 " Pinkpop"
ODOM # 295 " Black Ice"
RG 65 MX #230 "The Purple Nurple"
1956 Cessna 172 N5996A " Snoopy"
nrallen1 is offline Find More Posts by nrallen1