New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2016, 12:25 PM
Find More Posts by zanthor
Dirt Dobbins
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Dec 2014
284 Posts
Discussion
Broken Bixler, how to repair motor mount?

So I slapped the ground pretty hard today and broke my bixlers motor mount... of course the fuse is glued together, and being new to this hobby I have no idea how to fix this... any advice would be appreciated.

I do have a 3d printer and would love to give the motor more clearance for a bigger prop while I'm doing the repair... just not sure how to gain access!
zanthor is offline Find More Posts by zanthor
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Diverse Diversity
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2016, 01:02 PM
Find More Posts by cmdl
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
12,621 Posts
Ask here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1448440
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Feb 01, 2016, 09:46 PM
Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
3,413 Posts
Oh heck that's easy. Take an Xacto knife, or razor snap knife, or even a razor blade and cut the top off the pylon. Slice it 90 degrees from the original slices that made up the halves of it.

Pop the top off and then you can work the plastic mount out.

When you go to reinstall it, I used good old GOOP to hold the plastic mount, and for sticking the top back on. Makes it a lot easier if you have to do it again, to slice through the glue joints. I've done it on mine when changing out motors.

Actually I built my own risers for the motors, so I could run bigger props. I took a wood dowel rod and sized it to fit inside the original plastic mount. Flipped the plastic mount 180 degrees so it would accept the rod. Rod sits flush with the back of the pylon. Then made the riser out of a piece of 1/8" aluminum bent to get the motor angle through the CG (very important).
Four small screws hold the aluminum to the dowel, and a hole drilled through both the aluminum and dowel allows you to run the motor wires through.
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:51 PM
Find More Posts by The Flyin Beardo
United States, OR, Albany
Joined Sep 2015
128 Posts
this is exactly what ya need and are probably looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobby-King-B...gAAOSwQItT7cEj
The Flyin Beardo is offline Find More Posts by The Flyin Beardo