ramwingfreak is offline Find More Posts by ramwingfreak
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2016, 05:20 AM
Find More Posts by captarmour
Joined Mar 2011
901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhizzyWigXGE View Post
This is basically the same as Hoverwing. I don't see anything new here.
Not new, but a delta instead of a reverse delta, that's a significant difference!
captarmour is offline Find More Posts by captarmour
Old Feb 02, 2016, 01:53 PM
Find More Posts by WhizzyWigXGE
Joined Mar 2011
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramwingfreak View Post
Some progress..
Very nice.
Can't wait to see more.
WhizzyWigXGE is offline Find More Posts by WhizzyWigXGE
Old Feb 04, 2016, 02:55 PM
Find More Posts by ramwingfreak
Joined Sep 2015
13 Posts
Thanks, i'll post later some more pictures, i've instalated the stabilo and i painted the top of the fuselage.
Old Feb 04, 2016, 03:01 PM
Joined Sep 2015
13 Posts
Here're some pictures...
Old Feb 04, 2016, 03:05 PM
Joined Sep 2015
13 Posts
Close up from the rudder.
Old Feb 04, 2016, 03:12 PM
Joined Sep 2015
13 Posts
This is the model i'm building, it's a disign from Rostislav Alekseyev. It's a Wig disigned for the Russian rivers with a top speed of 180km/h . It's powered with 3 1785 kW turboprop engines. Weight 31 tons and could carry 31 passengers.
Last edited by ramwingfreak; Feb 04, 2016 at 03:27 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2016, 07:21 AM
Find More Posts by WhizzyWigXGE
Joined Mar 2011
52 Posts
Good luck with this. Looking forward to some video and commentary.
WhizzyWigXGE is offline Find More Posts by WhizzyWigXGE
Old Feb 06, 2016, 10:36 AM
Joined Sep 2015
13 Posts
OK, i'm waiting for a three blade 7x45 prop, now i installed a 6x4 two blade and had in my eyes not enough trust. Now i've also a Amp meter so i will post the result later.
Last edited by ramwingfreak; Feb 07, 2016 at 07:05 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by sfluck
Winterthur ZH, Switzerland
Joined Mar 2009
542 Posts
Don't know if that has been posted before:
http://www.ckbspk.ru/en/products/ekranoplanyi/

Pretty neat looking designs! Some more interesting info can be found on the site.
sfluck is offline Find More Posts by sfluck
Old Feb 13, 2016, 01:14 PM
Find More Posts by hoverman
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
380 Posts
Hey Stefan, thanks for posting the link, I had actually missed out on it. The old website of the CHDB is also still online, so I hadn't really bodered to look for any new links. They do present an interesting product line-up, some of which clearly originate from previous 'Soviet-era' designs.

During the later period of the CHDB's Ekranoplan era, they were mainly developing Ekranoplan designs with higher L/D ratios, by using composite wing layouts with higher aspect ratio outer wing panels, in combination with winglets and wing fences. Good example of some of the layouts:

Anyway, the first design they present is called the A-005-514, clearly a Volga-2 derivative with a combination of the outer wing panels. Honestly, I wonder if the design is anything more than a véry rough concept.

As comparison, the Volga-2 originally looked as such:

The second one is the A-005-533, véry clearly a Strizh derivative. During the Soviet era several Strizh derivatives were brought up, like the Strizh-M (2 seat tandem layout), Strizh-3 (1 pilot, 5-7 pax), Strizh-4 (1 pilot, 7-9 pax) and the Strizh-5 (1 pilot, 10-12 pax). This new version as presented on the new site has two pilots and 6 pax, which means its probably a rebranded version of the Strizh-3, which it also resembles.

By comparison, the Original Strizh prototype looked as such, clearly showing the same wing& tail layout, just like the engine/driveshaft layout:

The third one is the A-050-742D, which has been shown throughout recent years during several exhibitions, in several layouts. It is a further development of the Original "Chaika-2" development from the Soviet era, which never led to the production of a prototype. Interestingly, the propulsion layout and overal size has changed several times during the layout, from two turbo-fans to two PAR turbojets/turbofans + two turboprop cruise engines. Also the 'biplane' style wing has changed several times, with another version showing a larger span of the upper wing as compared to the lower wing. The current version is somewhere in between and seems pretty far-developed:

As comparison, a tow-bassin model of the Original Chaika-2 during the development phase:

The above shown photo also shows the véry premature tow-bassin development model of the A-020-538 and its larger sisters. A lot has changed on the design, mainly the PAR engines have moved from the nose to behing the cockpit, giving a more 'estheticaly pleasing' look and probably cleaner aerodynamics overall. In my honest opinion this design is the most 'modern' and shows the clearest result of all previous lessons learnt. In stead of beeing an adapted older design, it's newer and fresh! I've see nseveral models of it during the last few years during several exhibitions, but it has never been at the spotlight of attention. Let's see how it develops in the future:

So, all in all a very interesting development from the Central Hydrofoil Design Bureau. There have been reports that the A-050 will be manufactured and the contracts have been signed, but it wouldn't be the first time that the media is running ahead on things... we'll see!

Cheers,

Marijn
hoverman is offline Find More Posts by hoverman
Old Feb 13, 2016, 01:32 PM
Find More Posts by hoverman
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
380 Posts
Before I forget, there are more véry interesting developments going on in the WIG field!

As some of you probably know, the reversed-delta wing was originally designed by Dr. Lippish and first used in the Collins X-112. Lateron, German development contracts led to the production of the X-113 and X-114 prototypes, with finally Hanno Fischer buying the rights for the reversed-delta WIG and starting a further in-house development. Thus, the Airfish 1, 2 & 3 were created, with finally the Airfish-8 coming to life (personally I consider it to be one of the best looking WIGs on the planet). The prototype had its first flight in Holland and was eventually sold to a company in Singapore, which didn't come to fruition. The design was sold on to Wigetworks, a Malaysian company, which continued development and certification.

In 2012 the prototype crashed during a test flight:

The link for a newsreport of the crash can be found at:

http://antarapos.com/v1/index.php?q9...GXpVvZn7Wpb5Rg

Anyway, they produced a new prototype, which has now finally flown! The photo's look great of course:

More information can be found on their site:

http://wigetworks.com/#/

And hey, even more has happened! A german company updated their site, to further aid the presentation of their new WIG design. Its a modern interpretation of the Jörg style tandem wing flairboat, and honestly I think it looks great:

More information can be found on their site:

http://german-slider.com/

The Tandem style flairboat is still seeing some development and popularity lately, with a brandnew TAF (old design though!) beeing produced quite recently in Greece:

http://airfoil.de/index.php?id=105

So, thats pretty much it! Cheers guys, time for some new models maybe?

Marijn
hoverman is offline Find More Posts by hoverman
Old Feb 14, 2016, 02:59 PM
Joined Sep 2015
13 Posts
Hm, thats a lot of inspiration, but first i want to finish my Raketa 2!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 03:22 PM
Joined Sep 2015
13 Posts
I think it's old news for you guys, but here's a interesting mod. for A 90 as a resque version, on the back of An 225. It's impossible to realize today, because the plant of Antonov in Ukraina... and A 90 builded in Russia.
Last edited by ramwingfreak; Feb 14, 2016 at 03:27 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 07:41 AM
Find More Posts by nbrophy
Joined Sep 2001
66 Posts
Weber Wig Model

While not new, I came across some photo’s of Verdon Weber’s (Weber Wig) RC Model which has four element tandem wings and PAR. More photos here
nbrophy is offline Find More Posts by nbrophy