HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2014, 01:09 PM
Joined Jul 2010
373 Posts
Discussion
Super Taiji 40 EP vs Fliton Element 30

Hello,
I'm involved in 3d flight models since several years.
Now I'd like to change my flight style toward F3A flights.
I'm looking for a class 30-40 F3A pattern plane to improve my skill on this category.
The planes I found are:

Super Taiji 40 EP

and

Fliton Element 30 F3A

Planes are quite diffent..Element is park flier, Super Taiji is pure newer F3A.
Both interest me because their performances.

Element is light, uses 3S Lipos and also hovers very easily but I think is not very aggressive in F3A flights. It is also very old and I think it will be put out of production.

Super Taiji is new, heavier than Element, needs 4S Lipo and a BL motor support to buy/build, but I think It is the most suitable for F3A flights.

Which plane do you suggest me as electric F3A pattern plane?

Thanks

John
hot wings is offline Find More Posts by hot wings
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2014, 04:23 PM
Oakland township, Michigan
Joined Jun 2005
731 Posts
Hi,

Fliton went out of business a few years ago. I think that the Extreme Flight Vanquish mk2 is probably a better choice (i have one...)

Good luck,

Teo
viva_peru is offline Find More Posts by viva_peru
Old May 17, 2014, 01:30 PM
Joined Jul 2010
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viva_peru View Post
Hi,

Fliton went out of business a few years ago. I think that the Extreme Flight Vanquish mk2 is probably a better choice (i have one...)

Good luck,

Teo

Thanks..Vanquish mk2 is very beautifull plane but very expensive..I was looking for a cheaper plane

John
hot wings is offline Find More Posts by hot wings
Old May 18, 2014, 03:48 AM
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,200 Posts
hot wings,

Check in the other thread The World Models Super Taiji EP (40) where I just wrote some suggestions for You.

/Bo
bossee is offline Find More Posts by bossee
Old May 19, 2014, 06:35 PM
Oakland township, Michigan
Joined Jun 2005
731 Posts
Hi -

Sorry for the late reply as I coming back from a trip. I had a WM Groovy 50 a few years ago and for the price it is a good buy. The plane had some minor issues which were easy to address; however, for its size, the airframe was a little heavy. As the planes get smaller, weight becomes more critical. I believe that is the reason why you pay more for a 3D Hobby Shop or Extreme Flight product.

Since you are just trying it out, I think that the WM Super Taiiji is a good starting point for the price. If you end up enjoying it, then maybe you can start thinking of an upgrade.

Depending on where you live, you might have a pattern contest nearby and it might be worthwhile to go take a look. Check the www.nsrca.us website for a contest calendar.

Good luck,

Teo
viva_peru is offline Find More Posts by viva_peru