SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Nov 2011
2 Posts
Discussion
New TRAXXAS 1/10 Rally with LCG Chassis

Have you seen the New Traxxas 1/10 Rally? It looks pretty sick and comes with an LCG Chassis! Any opinions on it yet?
shutterm4 is offline Find More Posts by shutterm4
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:34 PM
bashing on vancouver island
Joined Sep 2008
609 Posts
looks pretty cool. i wonder what the wheelbase is? that would be cool if it was the same as the slash 4x4.
veggieslinger is offline Find More Posts by veggieslinger
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:04 PM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
i definitely want to drive one before i am willing to purchase one
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:09 PM
why am i here???????
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
i have multiple traxxas vehicles and personally im dissapointed with this. why did they release the rally again but bigger. it does look kind of cool but, why?
traxxas13 is online now Find More Posts by traxxas13
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:34 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traxxas13 View Post
i have multiple traxxas vehicles and personally im dissapointed with this. why did they release the rally again but bigger. it does look kind of cool but, why?
because they didn't have a 1/10 scale rally car (I think they got rid of the ken block car, because it's not listed on their website anymore. Maybe this replaced it.)
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Sep 2008
609 Posts
i kinda think traxxas should come out with a line of "race spec" vehicles. stuff that is gonna be more competitive on the track. they really have the rtr basher market cornered, but could benefit from a line of all new race worthy vehicles.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:55 PM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
i feel that traxxas will release some even better stuff now that they are dabbling into the rally car game but i definitely am interested in this vechile
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:32 AM
why am i here???????
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
because they didn't have a 1/10 scale rally car (I think they got rid of the ken block car, because it's not listed on their website anymore. Maybe this replaced it.)
all the ken block rally car was a 1/16th rally with a limited editiong body and wheels. but why come out with a bigger version. but thats just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieslinger View Post
i kinda think traxxas should come out with a line of "race spec" vehicles. stuff that is gonna be more competitive on the track. they really have the rtr basher market cornered, but could benefit from a line of all new race worthy vehicles.
i dont think traxxas will get into the race side of things anytime soon since alot of companies already deal with race vehicles. traxxas is going for the beginners and bashing for cheap. if they do start with race vehicles would be nice.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Sep 2008
609 Posts
even if traxxas came out with a better 2wd platform for the sc craze. that would be cool.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:24 PM
why am i here???????
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
would be nice for a better 2wd. but at the rate things are going looks like the next things is gonna be short course buggies like the ae sc10b that they came out with.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:41 PM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
i dont think the open wheel short course buggy is next for traxxas i thinkthere engineers still have a few tricks up there sleeve but the video of this rally car makes it look like a blast to drive
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:13 PM
why am i here???????
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
does look like fun but traxxas has dissapointed quite a bit for me. i know that they will most likely follow the scb soon. but the only thing that has my interest lately are the xo1 and the rally does a little. but time will tell what they will come out with.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:10 AM
United States, PA, Bethlehem
Joined Sep 2011
44 Posts
I am looking to buy a rally once they come used as roller's hopefully, ITs nice to have an all plastic basher but the 4x4 slash wants to roll when you look at a turn. so hopefully this is much better! I just wish traxxas would stop using crappy plastic driveshafts that last for 30 seconds....
raw111 is offline Find More Posts by raw111
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:07 PM
uk
Joined Nov 2010
418 Posts
they probably made it because HPI now have the ken block. I think in 1/8th scale not 100% sure.
traxx de maxx is offline Find More Posts by traxx de maxx
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:45 PM
Crew Chief
Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2009
89 Posts
I checked this thing out at SEMA, the also have a new Slash coming out with the same chassis. This car is fully interchangeable with the 4wd slash. Very good for upgrades
terrasmak is offline Find More Posts by terrasmak