HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:03 PM
Professor Joe Valencic
Lake Forest, Ca.
Joined Oct 2006
223 Posts
Discussion
4-Foot tall Santa rides a Mean Machine!

Just built this and it runs great as you will see in the video. Hope it motivates some of you to get in the FE holiday spirit!

Santa VideoMM (2 min 19 sec)
questtek is offline Find More Posts by questtek
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2010, 01:11 AM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Apr 2009
875 Posts
Super Nice!!!......i can imagine kids in your area going crazy telling their parents that they saw Santa passing by above the water!!!......I bet you also posted this in OSE!!!......Albert
karfrik is offline Find More Posts by karfrik
Old Dec 03, 2010, 06:04 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,110 Posts
Something weird about that but could mainly be because there is no snow, some of us usualy have with sutff on the ground when we see him.....

Do you guys put something in the water? The turbulence from the prop look REALLY BLUE...
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Dec 03, 2010, 06:38 AM
Professor Joe Valencic
Lake Forest, Ca.
Joined Oct 2006
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Something weird about that but could mainly be because there is no snow, some of us usualy have with sutff on the ground when we see him.....

Do you guys put something in the water? The turbulence from the prop look REALLY BLUE...
You are VERY alert! Yes, there is a chemical put into the lake to prevent high algae growth. I believe it is similiar to copper sulphate. It prevents the stocked frish from getting many diseases also and keeps down any surface bugs/insects. Looks a bit like tidy bowl.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 06:41 AM
Professor Joe Valencic
Lake Forest, Ca.
Joined Oct 2006
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfrik View Post
Super Nice!!!......i can imagine kids in your area going crazy telling their parents that they saw Santa passing by above the water!!!......I bet you also posted this in OSE!!!......Albert
There is a pre-school and playground on the other side of the lake. The kids love it and keep yelling, Santa, Santa. I have to admit they did get a bit scared when I drove my Great White shark fin by them and hit the blood injection system (red food coloring)!
Old Dec 03, 2010, 09:48 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,110 Posts
Cool, is there a video of that?
Old Dec 03, 2010, 12:40 PM
Professor Joe Valencic
Lake Forest, Ca.
Joined Oct 2006
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Cool, is there a video of that?
Here is just one of the videos that I posted witht he Great White Shark Fin...
Orian and the Great WAhite RC shark fin (0 min 43 sec)
Old Dec 03, 2010, 02:47 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,110 Posts
Thats a big SHARK... nice one..
Old Dec 05, 2010, 02:58 AM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Apr 2009
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by questtek View Post
There is a pre-school and playground on the other side of the lake. The kids love it and keep yelling, Santa, Santa. I have to admit they did get a bit scared when I drove my Great White shark fin by them and hit the blood injection system (red food coloring)!
Need to get me one of those shark fins!!!...wanna surprise people here in north Texas!!!......any more info on it?....or did you build it yourself?.....Thanks,Al
karfrik is offline Find More Posts by karfrik