HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Lol. Yea never get rid of anything, as soon as you do that's when you need it haha.
yeah tell me about it! i had a full set of traxxas T-maxx stock arms i replaced with RPM arms, thats 8 wheelie bars i could have made!!! oh well im sure one will show up sooner or later, have to do some digging lol.
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:01 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
yeah tell me about it! i had a full set of traxxas T-maxx stock arms i replaced with RPM arms, thats 8 wheelie bars i could have made!!! oh well im sure one will show up sooner or later, have to do some digging lol.
Bugger, hope one turns up lol.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:33 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
The wheelie bar set up i was running worked ok for protecting the rear fender but would bend down in an endo, this is my latest contraption i am going try it may work it may not but there is only one way to find out lol.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
The wheelie bar set up i was running worked ok for protecting the rear fender but would bend down in an endo, this is my latest contraption i am going try it may work it may not but there is only one way to find out lol.
That's a really good set up, are those turnbuckles off a buggy?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:50 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
That's a really good set up, are those turnbuckles off a buggy?
They are hpi savage truck adjustable upper arms, it has some flex but not as much as the wire, i think it is better to use plastic than metal so it can flex back & not stay bent like the wire, but it may break the receiver box off & there is only one way to find out & parts are cheap anyway, if it does break then i will know not to do that way.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:53 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
I tested my wheel bar today it works great & it took a couple of hard hits & did not break anything, but it did not save my rear guard from getting folded back, what i have found if you have a wheel bar & want it to protect your rear guard as well i think it has to be like this, because my fender got folded back when i did a wheelie on the grass & flipped Vinnie into a back slide & the grass was able to grab the fender as it was rubbing on the ground when Vinnie is upside down in a back slide, now i have mounted the wheel bar arms on top & bent it up at the end now when Vinnie is upside down the wheel holds the guard up off the ground & i am also going to run tape like chktm just at the end of the guard to make sure it can't catch on anything & a bigger wheel like Chris uses & a Deegan would also help keep the guard up, just my 2 cents.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:29 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
I tested my wheel bar today it works great & it took a couple of hard hits & did not break anything, but it did not save my rear guard from getting folded back, what i have found if you have a wheel bar & want it to protect your rear guard as well i think it has to be like this, because my fender got folded back when i did a wheelie on the grass & flipped Vinnie into a back slide & the grass was able to grab the fender as it was rubbing on the ground when Vinnie is upside down in a back slide, now i have mounted the wheel bar arms on top & bent it up at the end now when Vinnie is upside down the wheel holds the guard up off the ground & i am also going to run tape like chktm just at the end of the guard to make sure it can't catch on anything & a bigger wheel like Chris uses & a Deegan would also help keep the guard up, just my 2 cents.
Yea that's what I found TJ, the tape stops the guard from grabbing and separating from the bar and hold it all together well. I'm thinking of using some 1/8th piano wire instead to make mine even stronger but still a little flexible. Too much power eh with that Tenshock lol.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:

This is a great set up! What did the wheelie bar and wheel come off of, mini revo?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:05 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Something perhaps of interest to UK folk still unsure what they want from the big fat man later this month .
Have been talking to CML regarding some spares for the Venom and in passing enquired as to position for a RTR MM 450 and the E-Gyro upgrade
New MM450 @550.00 inc VAT
E-Gyro upgrade 150.00 inc VAT
Dig deep
Jimob23 is online now Find More Posts by Jimob23
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:25 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Still not bad, A new VMX is roughly 360, then you add the e gyro bringing it in 40 cheaper than the MM

The ARx 540 in pro kit E gyro trim is only slightly cheaper at 500

The cost of getting the M5 up to a comparable spec is more than 500

The Sky RC SR4 is 300 RTR so could be an appealing chance to take when you are saving 200
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:46 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
Still not bad, A new VMX is roughly 360, then you add the e gyro bringing it in 40 cheaper than the MM

The ARx 540 in pro kit E gyro trim is only slightly cheaper at 500

The cost of getting the M5 up to a comparable spec is more than 500

The Sky RC SR4 is 300 RTR so could be an appealing chance to take when you are saving 200
My thoughts exactly JB, the Sky bike seems to perform ok but the suspension looks pretty average to me. No doubt could be sorted out. I know what my choice would be .
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:16 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Yea that's what I found TJ, the tape stops the guard from grabbing and separating from the bar and hold it all together well. I'm thinking of using some 1/8th piano wire instead to make mine even stronger but still a little flexible. Too much power eh with that Tenshock lol.
Yea mate i can see why you do that it makes sense now, if you like pulling wheelies i don't care what wheel bar it is you will end up on your back at some stage & if your guard is not held to the bar you it will catch & fold it back, now i have repaired my guard i will use tape & hit the track again today & see how it goes.
It is easy to overpower a wheelie with the tenshock but it has also flipped on it's back just from pulling a wheelie & hitting a bump at the same time.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:30 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
This is a great set up! What did the wheelie bar and wheel come off of, mini revo?
It is all hpi savage stuff the wheel is off a gpm alloy wheel bar for the savage the rest is upper suspension arms the ones connected to the wheel i just cut & shape them to fit i own a few savage trucks & it is just stuff i had laying around, i could not find any of those mini revo bars, but i think the main thing is to keep the guard tight on the bar so it cannot catch when sliding upside down backwards.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:35 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Yea mate i can see why you do that it makes sense now, if you like pulling wheelies i don't care what wheel bar it is you will end up on your back at some stage & if your guard is not held to the bar you it will catch & fold it back, now i have repaired my guard i will use tape & hit the track again today & see how it goes.
It is easy to overpower a wheelie with the tenshock but it has also flipped on it's back just from pulling a wheelie & hitting a bump at the same time.
You got it TJ, have fun today mate. Did you see the tips about the green locktite on your mates pinion. Don't use it on the grub screw but on the motor shaft. The pinions are a little sloppy and work loose. Did you get him some Robinson ones? They may fit better.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:37 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimob23 View Post
Something perhaps of interest to UK folk still unsure what they want from the big fat man later this month .
Have been talking to CML regarding some spares for the Venom and in passing enquired as to position for a RTR MM 450 and the E-Gyro upgrade
New MM450 @550.00 inc VAT
E-Gyro upgrade 150.00 inc VAT
Dig deep
Did you also get the lead time on getting the e gyro from CML they told me 6 weeks when I asked I now have one on the way from the states. Will have to wait and see if I get caught with duty but inclusive of post it works out to $150.
Gaz-b is online now Find More Posts by Gaz-b