HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2014, 04:37 AM
United Kingdom, England, Hants
Joined Aug 2014
108 Posts
Build Log
Fantasista 110/120

Ok,
Pulled the trigger and I have in my hands a BJ Craft Fantasista 110. As WR_Ryder found with his Nuance, there are no instructions on how to put this together. Some of it is obvious, some not so much and to this end I would appreciate any info that anyone can give me on this aeroplane.

I will probably re-manufacture the spats and firewall in pre-preg, (because I can! ) and I need to get together a motor, (Hacker or Scorpion), servo's, ESC, switch/regulator and some hardware.

I'll get some pictures and weights up as soon as I can.
UKMouldy is offline Find More Posts by UKMouldy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2014, 02:02 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,753 Posts
I contacted BJ
He said there are no instructions
http://www.hobbynet-jp.com/pdf/Fantasista70EP.pdf
He said to use the Fantasista 70 instructions
He also emailed me the CG and setup info
Send me a PM if you would like the info...I will find it at home tonight
ltc is offline Find More Posts by ltc
Old Sep 27, 2014, 02:05 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
Joined Mar 2010
2,753 Posts
If you would like to know the equipment in my Fantasista, let me know
Old Sep 27, 2014, 06:07 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
Joined Mar 2010
2,753 Posts
And BTW, congratulations on the new plane ... I have no doubt that you will enjoy how it flies
Old Sep 28, 2014, 06:30 AM
Joined Aug 2014
108 Posts
Cheers, looking forward to getting it in the air, although I suspect due to work loads and having to get together all the kit to put in it this may take a bit of time.

Have to say though that I am glad I got a deal on it. If I'd had to have paid full price, (£800), and found there are no assembly instructions I'd have been somewhat pi$$ed off!

I was under the impression that the stab is removable for transit but cant see how it's fixed. Understand the two carbon tubes and the bearing assembly but cant see how the halfs are retained to the tubes.

Same applies to the wing. Understand the main spar, but there are two short lengths of carbon tube about an inch long and a longer length around six inches or so. Also a pair of incidence adjusters. Non of which is particularly clear as to how it goes together or how the wings are held in place.

There are no templates for the cooling holes and I can't see at first glance any templates for the control horns, (although this isn't the end of the world!).

So if you've got any pictures of the wing root area of the fuselage with the canopy off then I would really like to see them!

ETA thanks for the link to the build pics.
Last edited by UKMouldy; Sep 28, 2014 at 06:41 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 08:15 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
Joined Mar 2010
2,753 Posts
Mine was the first production, so I did not get any incidence adjusters .. My wing incidence is fixed.
So I'm not sure pictures would help, but I'm more than happy to supply any photos requested either in this thread or via email.

Each side of the stab is held in place by a small screw, drilled thru the stab and into the CF tube (a piece of dowel is inserted into the tube where the screw will be inserted...once drilled and threaded, I remove the screw and harden the threads with thin CA)

If you have specific questions, BJ Park himself did reply to mine. Just email master@bjcraft.com
Old Sep 28, 2014, 09:24 PM
Joined Jun 2014
204 Posts
The Fantasia 70 looke like it builds just like my nuance 70 did. Defanantly make a better motor mount as well as a rear support. I also changed out that tail wheel assembly as well.
WR_Rider is offline Find More Posts by WR_Rider
Old Sep 29, 2014, 03:36 AM
Joined Aug 2014
108 Posts
Thanks for the info so far ITC, very helpful!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 06:35 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
Joined Mar 2010
2,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR_Rider View Post
The Fantasia 70 looke like it builds just like my nuance 70 did. Defanantly make a better motor mount as well as a rear support. I also changed out that tail wheel assembly as well.
I am trying to put together a Fantasista 70 build, but have been unable to locate the Type G single belt reduction system ... they are apparently out of stock until October.

I love how the Fantasista 120 flies so the 70 seemed like a perfect choice to try the belt drive system.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 02:15 AM
South Korea, Seoul
Joined Aug 2014
16 Posts
Recently, one of Korean F3A pattern flyer who completed the Fantasista 70.
There is custom version as carbon rear motor mount.
Selected moter is O.S that is powerful when he first flight.
So smooth responsing and very low noise.

Also, there is Japen flyer who installed balt-drive system on fatasista 70.
Balt-drive version is so powerful when he's flight on video.
Here's blog link:
http://m.blogs.yahoo.co.jp/caliber90.../26051034.html
As you can see there is newer version of 50size balt-drive system.
andy77.kim is offline Find More Posts by andy77.kim
Last edited by andy77.kim; Sep 30, 2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 07:59 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
Joined Mar 2010
2,753 Posts
I did receive a very polite email from 50Products (who makes the belt drive system referred to on the BJCraft website for the Fantasista 70)

They do not ship outside of Japan
Apparently they had issues with international delivery and no longer want to deal with it.

Time to come up with a plan B ...
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:19 PM
Joined Aug 2014
108 Posts
I'm going with Futaba servo's on the grounds that here in the UK JR only recommend their servo's be used at 4.8V

The BLS173SVi looks like a good bet for ailerons. The BLS272 looks good for rudder and elevator but they come in HV and SV variants and I cant see what the difference between them are.

Thoughts and advise please!
Old Oct 01, 2014, 06:36 AM
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,223 Posts
BLS272:

HV = approved for 7.4 volt (not necessarily S.Bus or S.Bus 2 supported also)

SV = http://www.rc.futaba.co.jp/english/hv/index.html (scroll down a little)
(can also cope with high voltage 7.4 volt and is S.Bus 2 capable etc)

I suppose not all HV servos is also SV servos but I have seen both mentioned (to make it more clear I suppose) for same servo for example:
Futaba BLS272SV S.Bus2 HV High-Speed Programmable Servo
http://www.gpdealera.com/cgi-bin/wga...pgm?I=FUTM0145

If You buy new control surfaces servos it can be nice if it has support for both S.Bus 2 and 7.4 volt. There is also SV and SVi servos and difference is that on SVi servo it is an internal servo connector on the servo so You can diconnect the servo lead at the servo if needed, exemple:
http://www.robbe.de/servo-bls173svi...._from_store=en

/Bo
bossee is offline Find More Posts by bossee
Last edited by bossee; Oct 01, 2014 at 06:43 AM.
Old Oct 01, 2014, 08:08 AM
Joined Aug 2014
108 Posts
That my friend is very useful information, and pretty obvious now you've pointed it out!!

Can S-Bus servo's be used in non S-Bus installations, ( I think they can), and if so do the servo's need to have any programming done to them?
Old Oct 01, 2014, 10:46 AM
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,223 Posts
S.Bus and S.Bus2 servos work as ordinary non S.Bus servos when You do not use a S.Bus receiver(connector) setup. The main difference between S.Bus and S.Bus2 is that S.Bus2 is bidirectional (Futaba telemetry sensors use S.Bus2). One should not connect S.Bus2 devices on S.Bus connector in a receiver.
S.Bus2 devices connect only to receiver S.Bus2 connector.

You have tons of features if You use an S.Bus2 setup, not only can You program the servo from a computer with a Futaba software, from SBC-1 device (channel setting), and even from a Futaba 18MZ, 14SG transmitter (and in Europe also from FX-22 and FX-32 radios).
You can use all the nice telemetry devices (current sensor, GPS sensor, height, vario etc with S.Bus2 setup also).

You can with a Futaba FASSTest receiver that has ordinary (non S.Bus) servo connectors use analog and digital servos, on such receiver S.Bus connector You can have S.Bus servos, and on such receiver S.Bus2 connector You can use S.Bus2 servos and other S-Bus2 devices such as telemetry sensors.

I'm not aware of any drawbacks to use S.Bus2 servos even as regular servos (when not S.Bus2 is used). Maybe there is but I do not know.

Some of the S.Bus and S.Bus2 features and advatagaes can be read here (at the botton of page):
http://www.robbe.de/servo-s3173svi.h..._from_store=en

All S.BUS servos are also programmable. The following functions can be selected:
• S.BUS channel assignment
• Servo reverse
• Soft start, On / Off
• Mode select if signal fails, Hold or Free
• Smooth servo running, On / Off
• Servo position (servo tester)
• Servo centre offset +/- 300 µs (approx. 30 degrees)
• Servo transit speed, 0.39...9 seconds per 45 degrees
• Deadband
• Servo travel, left and right separately, approx. 50...175%
• Start-up power
• Damping
• Holding power
• ID memory
The servos can also be programmed when installed in the model and connected, as each can be called up and addressed via its individual ID.
New:
• The new S.BUS2 servos (SV) can now also be programmed as retract servos (current switched off after fifteen seconds) using the new FASSTest T18MZ and FX-32 FASSTest radio control systems.
• Alternatively a current overload guard (OLP = overload protection) can be set up
• As an option, SBUS2 servos (SV) can be operated at the receiver's S.BUS1 or S.BUS2 output. If the S.BUS2 system is used, mixed operation with telemetry sensors is also possible.

/Bo
bossee is offline Find More Posts by bossee
Last edited by bossee; Oct 01, 2014 at 06:18 PM.