Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:53 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Discussion
Can I use this for a charger power supply

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350535810.394918.jpg
Views: 25
Size: 14.0 KB
Description: http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-004431 I have one of these and a few others but this is the smallest PS from my ham shack . Can I use it to power say a hitec quad charger or turnigy quad charger ? Also while I'm asking with or shall I say where to get the best deal on a quad charger ? And does any of them actully come with all the parts to charge 4 batteries at once or are all of them like the HK quad charger that you'll have to buy 3 extra of everything to make your connections to charge 4 batteries at a time . Thanks
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:25 AM
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
The only thing the chargers really care about is the voltage and amp rating. This power supply fits the bill on both those criteria. In fact it is a bit more sophisticated than most other supplies. They don't normally need very stable supply either because they have their own voltage regulation circuits.

Multiple batteries will be OK until you reach the 20A maximum.

As for charger selection that is a whole thread on its own (or multiple threads). I wouldn't be able to begin to outline the ins and outs of them maybe someone else can offer advice.

I would suggest you search this forum and others for quad chargers and see what pops up. Although previously I have found using google to search and reading the forum references that come up is more effective at getting an appropriate link.

Good luck I think you have a lot of reading ahead of you
tignmeg is offline Find More Posts by tignmeg
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:45 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tignmeg View Post
The only thing the chargers really care about is the voltage and amp rating. This power supply fits the bill on both those criteria. In fact it is a bit more sophisticated than most other supplies. They don't normally need very stable supply either because they have their own voltage regulation circuits.

Multiple batteries will be OK until you reach the 20A maximum.

As for charger selection that is a whole thread on its own (or multiple threads). I wouldn't be able to begin to outline the ins and outs of them maybe someone else can offer advice.

I would suggest you search this forum and others for quad chargers and see what pops up. Although previously I have found using google to search and reading the forum references that come up is more effective at getting an appropriate link.

Good luck I think you have a lot of reading ahead of you
Ok so this power supply will work and as I thought if it did would/is much better than the $30-$50 supply's I've been looking at. Good . Thanks . Now as far as a charger goes I'll get the hitec quad . I've read a little but I'm just not going to spend 5-8 hrs reading to pick out a charger lol. I'll read reviews etc but that's about it because you'll have 30-30 mixed reviews in the threads then you'll have the other 40% writing novels in 1 post lol going on and on . I know Icharger , venom , hitec , and turnigy quads will all be good enough for me . Thanks do much now I can spend the extra $ I saved by not having to buy a power supply and use it to buy the hitec or maybe venom pro . Thanks
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman