HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:00 AM
Joined Sep 2011
22 Posts
Interesting that the spare shocks did more. I'm looking at shocks and they don't seem to really be 'shocks' but springs without any internal parts to dampen.

so maybe if I figure out a way to get stronger springs, or even just some cheap spacers to put more compression on the existing springs, it would help a bit.
DragonRider013 is offline Find More Posts by DragonRider013
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:59 AM
ezs
Joined Mar 2009
1 Posts
I am running mine with 3S sometimes, but the metal bushes are not for 3S for sure!!!

I am thinking in changing then for ball bearings:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._4pc_118B.html

I know it will be a 10 bucks upgrade on a 50 bucks car, but the metal bushes makes a lot of noise.

What do you think about that?

Thanks from Brazil,

Evandro
ezs is offline Find More Posts by ezs
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:06 AM
Joined Sep 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezs View Post
I am running mine with 3S sometimes, but the metal bushes are not for 3S for sure!!!

I am thinking in changing then for ball bearings:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._4pc_118B.html

I know it will be a 10 bucks upgrade on a 50 bucks car, but the metal bushes makes a lot of noise.

What do you think about that?

Thanks from Brazil,

Evandro

In the short spaces (yard, driveway, etc) my son and I race, speed is not a problem, in fact I've got his set at 50% throttle.

So I wouldn't need 3s or bearings. But if you need more speed, that would seem to be the place to start.

I love the low center of gravity, these things spin out instead of flip.

My next upgrade will be something to help the shocks. We only take small jumps, off curbs, etc, but you can hear the trucks land hard.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:20 AM
Joined Sep 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider013 View Post
...My next upgrade will be something to help the shocks. We only take small jumps, off curbs, etc, but you can hear the trucks land hard.
Yeah i have heard that on mine so i am getting new shocks soon.

Also i am in the middle of upgrading to ball bearings at the moment when i have my car back together (hopefully by the end of the week) i will test out a 3s lipo in it :/ fingers crossed i dont fry anything inside it.

Also something i am going to try is putting duct tape or electrical tape on the back wheels an taking it down to the basketball courts before my game an see how it goes drifting (yeah incase no ones picked up im only 16 and i enjoy going fast an doing stuff like drifts :P lol) i may put a video up if i manage to remember
maddude155 is offline Find More Posts by maddude155
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:19 PM
arlington, tx
Joined Jan 2010
69 Posts
I will be getting my Turnigy ST by the end of this week. It will be an electric alternative to my 1/10th Exceed Forza.
Has anyone done extensive testing with a three call LiPo? Does the stock ESC need a fan to run it on higher voltage?
I am planning on using a two cell in it, however I would like to know the limitations of the stock setup.
adma20 is offline Find More Posts by adma20
Old Nov 06, 2011, 05:15 AM
Joined Nov 2011
7 Posts
I have built my own body for this buggy. I carved it out of some foam and then vacuum formed it. This is my first attempt i only spend half hour to and hour carving it so not to detailed. I have painted my wheels and added an LED to the front. The led is handy for night driving just to tell what direction its heading in.
dan_68c is offline Find More Posts by dan_68c
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:10 AM
Joined Sep 2011
22 Posts
Nice job, I ordered a losi body off of ebay for my son's car so we could tell them apart. It took quite a bit of cutting to fit right. Yours fits perfectly.

(I didn't have the time to do strip and repaint detailed in this thread, but that maybe a winter project for the extra body)
Old Nov 07, 2011, 05:56 AM
Joined Nov 2011
7 Posts
I also recommend adding a washer between the front drive shaft and the wheel push the wheel in a bit. It stops the wobble in it and also reduces the amount of time it popes the drive shaft out.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 02:22 PM
arlington, tx
Joined Jan 2010
69 Posts
After a weekend of bashing, I have to say that I am impressed with this little truck. I obviously did not do the shrink wrap mod, and I am one dogbone short... However, spare parts are on their way, so for now it is just a 2WD.
adma20 is offline Find More Posts by adma20
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:07 AM
Joined Nov 2011
7 Posts
EZS did you end up upgrading to ball bearings, did it make any difference. I put a collar in my rear diff between the bearing and the pinion gear. It stops its slop and reduces the amount of times it strips its self against the grown gear
Old Nov 19, 2011, 03:31 AM
Joined Nov 2011
7 Posts
I also just made another body, The mold needs a little work and the plastic needs to be formed better. I need to get some PETG but it doesnt look too bad.
Old Dec 04, 2011, 07:39 PM
Joined Sep 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_68c View Post
I also just made another body, The mold needs a little work and the plastic needs to be formed better. I need to get some PETG but it doesnt look too bad.
Looks good, did you change the color of the wheels? (hard for my eyes to tell)
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:04 AM
Joined Sep 2011
6 Posts
Hey Guys,
Have been kept busy fixing my RC's recently :P broke the Bell crank set and couldn't be bothered ordering another plastic one from HK so i decided to make 1 myself, made it out of scrap metal we had lying around somewhere and did the drawing up for it in CAD printed it out and used a grinder and dremel to get it into the right shape.Name: DSCI0230.jpg
Views: 83
Size: 214.2 KB
Description:
Anyway at the moment i am busy attempting to fix 2 cars at the same time, (set up my old kyosho with a new brushless motor and esc and its fair to say that i stripped a couple of gears after 2 days haha) but with the turnigy i will upload the template for the bellcrank main peice (the main part that has broken on me) in a PDF when i track it down and you guys can feel free to make your own out of metal to get stronger one's if your that way inclined.

(P.S i know that it looks abit dodgy but thats not the diagram thats the 16 year old me "learning" how to use the dremel and grinder to make parts haha this was going to be the test part but is now becoming the actual part)
maddude155 is offline Find More Posts by maddude155
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:53 PM
Joined Sep 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddude155 View Post
Hey Guys,
Have been kept busy fixing my RC's recently :P broke the Bell crank set and couldn't be bothered ordering another plastic one from HK so i decided to make 1 myself, made it out of scrap metal we had lying around somewhere and did the drawing up for it in CAD printed it out and used a grinder and dremel to get it into the right shape.Attachment 4486356
Anyway at the moment i am busy attempting to fix 2 cars at the same time, (set up my old kyosho with a new brushless motor and esc and its fair to say that i stripped a couple of gears after 2 days haha) but with the turnigy i will upload the template for the bellcrank main peice (the main part that has broken on me) in a PDF when i track it down and you guys can feel free to make your own out of metal to get stronger one's if your that way inclined.

(P.S i know that it looks abit dodgy but thats not the diagram thats the 16 year old me "learning" how to use the dremel and grinder to make parts haha this was going to be the test part but is now becoming the actual part)
Nice job, I think I've replaced the one on my son's car three times, but I've got four more extras
Old Dec 22, 2011, 06:22 PM
Joined Sep 2011
22 Posts
Wow, what a PIA,

I killed my steering servo, so I figured, no biggie, I've got a bag full of spare servos.

Not a single ONE had an output shaft that fit the servo saver (which did NOT live up to its same,) so I pulled the output gear from the dead servo and installed it in a ht900 servo.

It works, but things are out of alignment, I didn't check that the top part of the new servo was the same 'height' as the old, it is not, and now the steering mechanism bangs into stuff.

TOUGH, It works, it runs.

well it did for 10 minutes before I, for the first time, broke the front shock tower,

I've got three bags of extra parts for these trucks, I was sure I had a shock tower.

NOPE, and they are back ordered.

does anyone know if some other part will fit, say something from LOSI?