HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2003, 08:00 PM
orlando fl
Joined Jul 2003
9 Posts
SS flying today also another dandy sport question

Well went out w/the SS today and man what a great plane.. I love my SS.... I am wanting to go ahead and learn ailerons though as well... I have a gws zero but I've already had a horrid time gettin that thing together... well the ailerons that is... i messed them up ... for some reason I think dealing w/balsa is easier than styro foam.... well anyways had fun w/the slow stick... guess I'm gonna do a dandy sport... for my next plane.... will the motor esc and batt pac from gws from the zero work w/the dandy??????
thanks guys for the feedback
Nelz is offline Find More Posts by Nelz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2003, 02:40 AM
Stick Masher
Fort Collins, CO
Joined May 2003
227 Posts
What gear did you have in the Zero? My guess is you have something like a 300C-C and a 5 amp ESC. If that is the case, then they'll work in the Dandy just fine. Though the speed controller is marginal. The 300C-C with, say, a 10x8 prop can pull almost 10 amps on an 8.4V pack.

You'll love the Dandy. The build is a breeze. Covering can be a bit tricky, but the reward is a plane that handles beautifully.

Hope that helps,

Derek
derekl is offline Find More Posts by derekl