Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:05 PM
Joined Mar 2010
46 Posts
Question
f-117 flaps mod - input please

Hi guys,
I have an F117 EDF.

I'm very new to RC.

I had one before. When I got it it was ready to fly. When I flew it, it was air-born for about 3... maybe 4 seconds. Turns out that the trim was way off so as soon as it left the ground, it was rolling and basically destroyed.

The electronics survived, so I got another plane and have been moving the electronics to the new plane.

The plane has this cheesy "bomb drop" function on it. "cute" but cheesy. I'm not planning on setting that up on the new plane. That leaves a free 6th channel.

I've been toying with the idea of splitting the ailerons and adding another servo to each side to use as flaps.

Thoughts please?
DrMilhouse is offline Find More Posts by DrMilhouse
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:32 PM
Fly, Crash, Cry...
United States, CA, Placentia
Joined Jun 2007
511 Posts
If you're "very new to RC", an EDF is absolutely the wrong way to start. Please visit the beginners' forum for the proper advice on the choice of planes for newbies. Averaging 3 to 4 seconds of flight time is just about right for a beginner with such a fast airplane. You need to start slow to really enjoy this hobby. Good luck young Jedi.
hongrn is offline Find More Posts by hongrn
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:09 PM
Joined Mar 2010
46 Posts
oh, I didn't mention that. After that, I got more advice.

I got the g5 simulator and that helped a bit.

I also have a more suitable e-fliterc.com apprentice 15e - it's a bit easier to fly.

the f117 is something I'm not in any big hurry about.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:03 AM
Joined Mar 2010
46 Posts
by the way mods, if there's a better place for this, please place it there.