New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2015, 02:03 PM
Find More Posts by juggalo flyer
United States, NY, Patchogue
Joined Sep 2014
65 Posts
Help!
Walkera Lama 400

Hi! Yes, Im having another problem with my lama400. The last time the shaft screws were broken, I replaced them and that baby is flying like a champ. All of a sudden, I charged my battery getting ready to go for a little flying. There is no throttle!!! Its talking to each other..the swash plate is moving, just no throttle whatsoever! It was flying great last time I flew it...it sat for mabey 3-4 days. Now...it will not spin. the led on the transmitter shows from 0 to 100 when when I push the joystick. I took the fuselage off and everything is connected...any ideas would be helpful, thankyou!
juggalo flyer is offline Find More Posts by juggalo flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2015, 04:45 PM
Find More Posts by flyeraroo
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,538 Posts
It could be a couple of things. First of all when you startup, do you plug the battery to the helicopter first, then turn on the transmitter? This is the correct way to bind so the helicopter talks properly with the WK2402 transmitter.
Now back to your problem, make sure the throttle lever on the transmitter is at 0 or the lowest position when turning on the transmitter to bind with the helicopter.
If that does not solve the problem then check to make sure the throttle trim setting is at 0 or the lowest setting when turning on the transmitter to bind with the helicopter.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Nov 25, 2015, 06:19 PM
Joined Sep 2014
65 Posts
Hello Fly! My hero, lol! In this case yes sir, I do plug in the heli battery first. And yes, the throttle is set on zero, nothing..I just dont get it..it flew just fine...just a note...the plastic tippy top of the transmitter fell off after I received it (Just the wire comming out of the top), but it has flown like that..I just figured I would mention that. Thankyou for your help once again...its my baby.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 06:41 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,538 Posts
that's very strange, usually it's the throttle lever and/or throttle trim setting when that happens. You got me, does the transmitter have good batteries in it?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 06:45 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,538 Posts
Try running the throttle trim setting to 100 then back to 0 and do startup again to see if that works. Can you see if the red speed controller is lit up?
Last edited by flyeraroo; Nov 25, 2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 07:09 PM
Joined Sep 2014
65 Posts
Hi! Yes I did replaced all the batteries yesterday. I believe The speed control is the red plug on the side. Nope, im not sure where the light should be but Im not seeing anything lighting up on it. Im not sure what you mean by setting the trim....I can tell you it starts on 0, goes to 100..im not sure how to set it tho.....once again, ty for your time FLY.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 08:29 PM
Joined Sep 2014
65 Posts
I looked a little closer at the controller, I believe there should be 3 areas that should light up, battery on the top, 5V under that and Main Tail Mot. Sig. None of those light up at any time... sounds like a problem...Ive never noticed before due to the fuselage covering it.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 08:41 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,538 Posts
To the right of the throttle lever is a small black button, which moves up or down. This is the throttle trim button when the button is pushed upward you can watch the screen for the percentage of trim to climb. You want to push that button downward until the screen percentage is 0. There are four of the trim buttons on the transmitter. All the trim buttons should be set at 50% except for the throttle. The button to the left of the elev/ail lever is the elevator trim button. The button below the elev/ail lever is the aileron trim button, and the button below the throttle lever is the rudder trim button. They should be at 50% when trimming or setting up your helicopter. So try lowering the throttle trim by pushing downward on the button to the right of the throttle lever, then turn off the transmitter, and do a restart. Hopefully that will work, it's strange that it would have changed when it was flying well before.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 08:54 PM
Joined Sep 2014
65 Posts
Dude...I cant thank you enough! It frekin works! I just touched it for a sec and the blades moved. Im going to put the fuselage back on and take it outside. Just amazing, I cant thankyou you enough...I'll give you a message back in a few but I think that's it...thankyou my friend. My bad day has turned into a great one!!!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 08:55 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,538 Posts
Good to hear!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 09:44 PM
Joined Sep 2014
65 Posts
Yeah Man! Shes up and running! Thankyou so much once again! Ive read a 1/2 hour on you tube about how its so rear-heavy...so it will be fun getting that thing running perfect....Once again, ty Flyeraroo, not everyone would take your time, more then once, to help me out. Your one of the good ones, no doubt about that!! TY good sir!!!