Old Apr 15, 2015, 05:19 AM
Find More Posts by phoanglong
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Oct 2012
310 Posts
Help!
Recommendation for replacement of TBS Discovery setup

Hi guys,
I have been flying great with TBS Discovery on a Pixhawk 3.2 version but it is time to move on and there are few reason that a TBS Discovery and Pixhawk is a bad combination (it is just for me I guess).

1. Small space in between top and bottom plate. Pixhawk required a complex vibration damping and if you want to go for the 3d printed, you just don't have enough space to mount both the 3D Vibration Damping and the Pixhawk.

2. Gimbal, there is absolutely no perfect way to mount the gimbal, it is nearly impossible to manage all the wires and once you crash, everything just look like a mess.

3. Heat, maybe it is just me, but my quad heat up very quick. I have Tbs core and minimosd installed on top of each other, there is just not enough air going through the quad.

So it would be great if someone can help me to choose the right frame. I would love to keep all my electronics, from ESC, motors (900kv TBS Motors), battery 3 4500mah 4s battery etc. and just change the frame. My thought stay with Hoverthings flip fpv pro-g, seems like a very solid frame.

My goal is to have a clean frame with "clean" plate and enough room for all my electronics, fpv, uhf, gimbal etc.

Thank you so much for all the help.

Best regards,

Long

p/s: Please excuse my English as it is not my first language.
phoanglong is offline Find More Posts by phoanglong
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by phoanglong; Apr 15, 2015 at 05:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2015, 05:43 AM
Find More Posts by Phantom604
The Ground is the Limit
Joined Oct 2013
1,790 Posts
Seen some reviews on youtube and it looks very solid. Tonnes of room. Dirt Cheap.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...pter_KIT_.html

Although I still think the TBS is the cleanest setup for a flyers FPV with gimbal. Just follow the setups online.
Phantom604 is offline Find More Posts by Phantom604
Old Apr 15, 2015, 05:53 AM
Joined Oct 2012
310 Posts
It does look like a very nice frame but it does not come with the clean plate like QAV or Hoverthings isn't it? I'm more into a jello free with my mobius. But many thanks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2015, 05:58 AM
Find More Posts by Phantom604
The Ground is the Limit
Joined Oct 2013
1,790 Posts
The frame has holes for clean/dirty setup, but it does not come with the bobbins.
Phantom604 is offline Find More Posts by Phantom604
Old Apr 15, 2015, 05:59 AM
Joined Oct 2012
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom604 View Post
The frame has holes for clean/dirty setup, but it does not come with the bobbins.
lol.. i just realised it does support clean plate, it seems to be a very good choice very tempting
RCG Plus Member