New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:45 AM
Find More Posts by jorrie
Joined Apr 2007
23 Posts
Vladimirs model: Supra Expert vs Supra Pro ?

Hello fellow F5j enthousiasts,

Im planning to order an Supra Expert or an Supra pro.
The website of vladimir is a bit full of content and its not really clear to me what the differences are between both models.

Does someone here have seen or own(ed) the supra and could share some light on this ? Im aiming for the lowest priced model in GFK but cannot decide whether to buy the Pro or Expert version. Competition is a no go since it does not have full carbon wing section and is more prone to damage.

From what I can make from the documentation is that the Expert is an older type with less aero dynamic body. It also has less visual.
Also the expert package parts is smaller. OR that there are 2 types of body an old and a new one. Looking at : the yellow non removable nose cone is what you want.

Seen it here in GFK ( but then electric version F5J) Expert:

Who can help clarify the differences and what one would be preferred to buy for a non competition guy who just want to have max fun and max sailplane look and feel?

My thanks to anyone who can help me in this decision making, kind regards!

Supra Pro:

Supra Expert:
jorrie is offline Find More Posts by jorrie
Last edited by jorrie; Aug 21, 2015 at 11:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2015, 01:04 PM
Find More Posts by Bmwjoon
United States, NJ, Nutley
Joined Mar 2015
376 Posts
I've never compared them side by side but when I was looking for a model I looked closely at the Supra. The expert is the newest version. It's updated to suite more current 5J drivetrains. I also believe the tail group has been updated. Here are the bullet points listed on Hyperflight. Neil's store is great. If you're in Europe definitely contact him.

The benefits of this version are:
New pylon mounted tailplane reduces drag and improves pitch control.
Slim long fuselage pod designed for a geared electric motors with a removable canopy hatch for easy access to a lightweight powertrain.
Ultralight fin with built-up rudder, modified to allow the tail servos to be rear mounted, to give more space for the powertrain in the pod, and to aide with correct centre of gravity placement.
New Ultralight built-up tailplane (horizontal stabiliser). This is lighter and slightly larger, improving stability and reducing inertia.
Now supplied with a lightweight wiring loom for the fuselage and wing connections.
Bmwjoon is online now Find More Posts by Bmwjoon
Old Aug 22, 2015, 09:21 AM
Find More Posts by jorrie
Joined Apr 2007
23 Posts
Thank you for your reply Bmwjoon, much appreciated.
jorrie is offline Find More Posts by jorrie
Old Aug 22, 2015, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by Lou
Ground Penetration Tester
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
6,845 Posts
Jorrie .... for the price, go with the Supra Expert. BMWJoon has shown the benefits and for the price, do get the later version which is the Expert.

I am presently building my Supra Expert and it is a very nice piece of kit.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2015, 06:11 PM
Find More Posts by fwroberts
Rick Roberts
United States, MA, Montague
Joined Aug 2012
171 Posts
Lou - is it a Supra Expert Electric that you built?

Can you share some pictures of the tail group and inside fuse. Are the servos in the tail or fuse? And did you install the IDS servo trays in the wing.

Thanks for any info about the build.

fwroberts is offline Find More Posts by fwroberts