Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 01, 2007, 04:39 PM
United States, OH, Englewood
Joined Sep 2004
260 Posts
Discussion
A few Pictures

Just posted some pictures from todays flying.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...50#post8100861
Arznek is offline Find More Posts by Arznek
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2007, 06:30 PM
Suspended Account
Fountain Valley, California
Joined Feb 2004
10,769 Posts
Great shots! Looks like a great time was had.

Will
willhaney is offline Find More Posts by willhaney
Old Sep 02, 2007, 04:07 PM
Foam flies better
From Canadia and proud of it!
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
nvrmnd.
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die
Old Sep 02, 2007, 04:26 PM
guillows basher!!
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Feb 2004
956 Posts
i was there thur.at 1:00pm and me and a friend camped there and left sat. night,i must say it was my 1st big event i attended and had a ball!! the people are so nice and great hosts! my buddy flew his big stang and a yak and i brought a bearcat and a fokker dr-1,i flew my dr-1 tri in the sat warbird show and was giggling like a school girl threw the whole flight i think there was 11 birds up in the gaggle,and i did land last and scale with a nose over after touch down with a short roll out
esb-help is offline Find More Posts by esb-help
Old Sep 02, 2007, 04:37 PM
Foam flies better
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
I knew you did that nose over on purpose. The landing just looked like you could have corrected the whole way through. What happened to the bearcat on landing? Its wing bent...
Old Sep 02, 2007, 05:00 PM
guillows basher!!
Joined Feb 2004
956 Posts
dont get me confused with the big bearcat,it would be too hard to fly 2 pla nes at once actually i was flying just on top of the big bear when he touched down,seems he bounced her and the second touch down just knocked the rear alignment pin out,he had it fixed in a hour,i had a 65 in. bear that has a 26cc gasser on it and flew in the all fly after the show,but i managed to run out of gas on the down leg for landing with a stiff tail wind(hate when that happens)tried to keep my speed up and bank hard left into the wind but lost all air speed when the nose came around and thankfully bounced it in the grass,minor damage.
Old Sep 02, 2007, 09:01 PM
EC-135 Driver
United States, IA, Burlington
Joined Nov 2006
1,131 Posts
hey ESB, we were there and saw you land your fokker...you have my respect...it was pretty blustery to be flying...i thought the landing was just fine.
500Driver is offline Find More Posts by 500Driver
Old Sep 02, 2007, 11:13 PM
Foam flies better
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
Very accurate I'd say. True to the time... That little fokker could move. Most of the time it was a slow poke but suddenly it would be outrunning the warbirds! Really funny.
Old Sep 02, 2007, 11:24 PM
Foam flies better
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
Actually I may have actually walked into you Arznek. Were you holding a big camera or something... Cuz in some of those pictures you were like 20 feet from where I was.
Old Sep 03, 2007, 04:50 AM
guillows basher!!
Joined Feb 2004
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Or Die
Very accurate I'd say. True to the time... That little fokker could move. Most of the time it was a slow poke but suddenly it would be outrunning the warbirds! Really funny.
yea,that motor runs good,it spent the first 8yrs. of its life as a weed cutter i converted a echo 21cc weedwhacker 2yrs. ago and finally found a good airframe to mate it too,and the landing in the show was not done on purpose!it really did nose over,people think the dr-1 is a easy flyer but to the contrary you must fly it all the way thru,cordinate rudd with ail. in the turns or it'll drop a wing in a heartbeat+ takeoffs and landings are the real challenge,thats why i fly her,keeps me sharp,that was the 7th flight in the show and to date i only nailed 3 landings with 1 of them on fri.theres a fine line on the ele.when landing to keep her planted to the ground without liftoff again,on thur. the day i arrived i took her up and did a ground loop on takeoff,busted the main spars on the right bottom wing,they where literally hanging from the fuse,so ground repairs where done and i substituted a home depot paint stirrer for the spar and closed her back up with clear tape
Old Sep 04, 2007, 05:25 PM
Joined Sep 2007
12 Posts
Nice shots. I took a few (hundred) myself... I haven't processed them all out of raw yet but there are a fair number if anyone's interested they are here:

http://starbase4.smugmug.com/gallery/3405921

I'll be adding more as I get to them... It was about just under 500 miles for us to make the trip.
jfeenin is offline Find More Posts by jfeenin