HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2013, 10:42 AM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,749 Posts
Discussion
buzzed by a C-17 Globemaster :)

so every week, i drive 120 miles one way to see a doctor. i drive on arizona highway 95, north from yuma. half the drive is through Yuma Proving Grounds, a military test ground. see all kinds of cool stuff. convoys of giant marine trucks, Aerostats, ect.

yesterday, i was driving and i saw a c17 flying overhead, low enough my first though he was on final to land on the highway! sadly i have no pictures, but he folowed the highway for a few seconds, then did a 30 degree bank and was gone.
later he came back the other way, and did a wing wag. really cool to see so close!

edit: my only guess is he was on some kind of 'fly under the radar' kinda of training mission.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2013, 09:57 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoskull View Post
so every week, i drive 120 miles one way to see a doctor. i drive on arizona highway 95, north from yuma. half the drive is through Yuma Proving Grounds, a military test ground. see all kinds of cool stuff. convoys of giant marine trucks, Aerostats, ect.

yesterday, i was driving and i saw a c17 flying overhead, low enough my first though he was on final to land on the highway! sadly i have no pictures, but he followed the highway for a few seconds, then did a 30 degree bank and was gone.
later he came back the other way, and did a wing wag. really cool to see so close!

edit: my only guess is he was on some kind of 'fly under the radar' kinda of training mission.
Perhaps he was trying to warm you about the hazardous leak ahead.

My home is located between two low level training routes, at a point where the routes are just a few miles apart. Usually it's just Navy or Air Force dedicated training planes, but occasionally a C130 or a C17 runs up the route. There's just something impressive about the big ones down low. Would love to see a B52 on a low level route out west!
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Old May 22, 2013, 02:43 PM
AMA 34191
Fayetteville, PA
Joined Dec 2002
216 Posts
My Wife and I own a home in Yucca Valley near 29 Palms and one day when my Dad and I were taking some trash to the local dump we got buzzed by a C-17 too! Pretty amazing to see one that low isn't it?
Vulgar Vulture is offline Find More Posts by Vulgar Vulture