Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:39 AM
AMA#313760
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined May 2009
704 Posts
Discussion
1st time Banana Hobby Order

Banana Hobby Had a sale on the Freewing B-17 Very good price $199.90

Shiped out right away and made it to my house on time.

Out of the box
1. stock elevator servo did not work

2. screw missing on retract

3. Nut missing on one of the wing mounts

None of this is Banana Hobby's fault but Freewing's.

I do wounder if I had a bad esc or motor if Banana Hobby would of sent out replacements right away?

I do think they are working harder at CS and hope that is the case.

After this order I would order from them again. JMHO

BTW after fixing and replacement of parts the aircraft flys very well and the sale price was outstanding. I waited almost a year to get this aircraft for a good price.

I thank Banana Hobby for that.!

John
JLogan is offline Find More Posts by JLogan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:48 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLogan View Post
Banana Hobby Had a sale on the Freewing B-17 Very good price $199.90

Shiped out right away and made it to my house on time.

Out of the box
1. stock elevator servo did not work

2. screw missing on retract

3. Nut missing on one of the wing mounts

None of this is Banana Hobby's fault but Freewing's.

I do wounder if I had a bad esc or motor if Banana Hobby would of sent out replacements right away?

I do think they are working harder at CS and hope that is the case.

After this order I would order from them again. JMHO

BTW after fixing and replacement of parts the aircraft flys very well and the sale price was outstanding. I waited almost a year to get this aircraft for a good price.

I thank Banana Hobby for that.!

John
Hello John.
When testing the electronics, before assembly or during pre-flight check, and you find either the motor and/or the ESC bad, please contact us right away so that we may attempt to troubleshoot the issue and pin point as to exactly what is wrong and what may need replacing.
If deemed defective and warrant, we will be able to submit a request for replacement part(s). Please note that these requests usually take 3 - 7 business days to process and once ship, a tracking number will be issued to you via email.
However, I do wish to request for you to keep the defective motor and/or ESC, if this mishap does happen, in your possession as photo(s) may be requested for at a later date by the manufacturer.
These photo(s) are there so the manufacturers can tell possibly which version electronics, which supplier that part is purchased from, or to get documentation that these parts are actually defective.
Please feel free to contact us if there is any issue(s), question(s), and/or concern(s).

Sincerely,
Nancy P
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:17 PM
AMA#313760
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined May 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy BH CSR View Post
Hello John.
When testing the electronics, before assembly or during pre-flight check, and you find either the motor and/or the ESC bad, please contact us right away so that we may attempt to troubleshoot the issue and pin point as to exactly what is wrong and what may need replacing.
If deemed defective and warrant, we will be able to submit a request for replacement part(s). Please note that these requests usually take 3 - 7 business days to process and once ship, a tracking number will be issued to you via email.
However, I do wish to request for you to keep the defective motor and/or ESC, if this mishap does happen, in your possession as photo(s) may be requested for at a later date by the manufacturer.
These photo(s) are there so the manufacturers can tell possibly which version electronics, which supplier that part is purchased from, or to get documentation that these parts are actually defective.
Please feel free to contact us if there is any issue(s), question(s), and/or concern(s).

Sincerely,
Nancy P
Thank You Nancy,

Just send a memo to Freewing and let them know that their QC is very much lacking, would help us all here.

John
JLogan is offline Find More Posts by JLogan
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:30 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLogan View Post
Thank You Nancy,

Just send a memo to Freewing and let them know that their QC is very much lacking, would help us all here.

John
Hello John.

Will do. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
Nancy P.
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:35 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
My 1st dealing with Banana Hobby went south in '09.....Nice plane but horrible CS, shipping time and no parts!!!!! Yesterday Oct 1st, I ordered a FMS Pitts bi-plane (white and beautiful) had to have it. This morning I received an e-mail from UPS tracking # stating that my plane was in route and will arrive at my home on Oct.5th, before noon!!! That is amazing and good for you Pete . Now if CS does that and parts become readily available then BH will become my new best friend airplane supplier. David Brown/ZeeZee
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi zeezee! Please let me know how everything goes with the new FMS Pitts! Of course, please test the electronics first before assembling anything. The FMS Pitts is a gorgeous beast! Thanks! -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:18 PM
United States, NY
Joined Sep 2012
152 Posts
You get what you pay for and sometimes not
had same issues with hk sport jet 70
reworked all control hinges and cg before it was even safe to fly.
After all its only foam and a cheap arf at that.
All said and done flys pretty good .....landing gear still sucks but ill gett over it
Good Luck
miclacom is offline Find More Posts by miclacom