HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2012, 05:17 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Mar 2012
57 Posts
Discussion
Origanl Nobler conversion to RC

I have been working on this project off and on now for about 7 months and have decided that it is time to finish up.

My father gave me a the Original Nobler kit he bought back in the 1950's. Some of the balsa was a bit old so I replaced and cut out my own ribs for the wing. I am going to use a Futaba 7C to pilot and an OS .46 ABX for my power-plant. I have bought 6 HS MG85 for servos, dual ailerons and duel elevator. I am planning on using a 8 oz fuel tank but a 6oz fits better.

I modified the cowl a bit to fit the larger engine. Instead of balsa I used foam and fiberglass cloth in hopes of keeping this Nobler as light as possible.

I plan to maiden this airplane in 2 weeks. I will post pictures on my progress.

Any feedback is greatly welcome.
jasmiller is offline Find More Posts by jasmiller
Last edited by jasmiller; Apr 30, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts