Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:25 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,344 Posts
I like my 464kv Motrolfly. Long flights on 6s. Cool temps. I don't know about their distribution to UK if any....
Bivens is online now Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:04 PM
Byron C
3DeltaFly's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
I like my 464kv Motrolfly. Long flights on 6s. Cool temps. I don't know about their distribution to UK if any....
Which flavour? 4315?
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:11 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,344 Posts
3620 for me. Also have a setup like that for a 57.
Bivens is online now Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:05 AM
Byron C
3DeltaFly's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
3620 for me. Also have a setup like that for a 57.
I was looking closely at the 3620 series, and you're probably OK using the lower kv version. But now there's the following warning posted on the Subsonicplanes site:

Warning
The 3620-750 used for 3D flight will not handle hard 3D maneuvers, damage can result to the magnets and stator if repeated blenders, walls, and tumbles are performed and is not covered under warranty. This motor is meant for light 3D systems where slow light 3D is desired. If you are a "Stick Basher" go with the 4315 which can handle this kind of abuse.
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:23 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DeltaFly View Post
I was looking closely at the 3620 series, and you're probably OK using the lower kv version. But now there's the following warning posted on the Subsonicplanes site:

Warning
The 3620-750 used for 3D flight will not handle hard 3D maneuvers, damage can result to the magnets and stator if repeated blenders, walls, and tumbles are performed and is not covered under warranty. This motor is meant for light 3D systems where slow light 3D is desired. If you are a "Stick Basher" go with the 4315 which can handle this kind of abuse.
yeah, glad i got the 4315
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:24 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
has anyone flown the 58 and 74, are they similar? I love my 58" edge.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:59 AM
Byron C
3DeltaFly's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
has anyone flown the 58 and 74, are they similar? I love my 58" edge.
I got to hang out with the 3DHS folks at the HMRC Huckfest (Tenn.) a few weeks back, and asked that very same question. Those who have flown both say they fly the same, including none 3DHS team pilots. Joe Smith kindly gave me a "pull" at his 74 and it immediately made my want list Flies very nice and precise, tracks like it's on rails, and has super post stall stability. With the 74s' out of stock I bought a 58 (currently assembling it) to practice with (everyday plane) while waiting on the restock of 74s' to arrive.
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Last edited by 3DeltaFly; Oct 16, 2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Addendum: Joe's 74 is electric (Hacker powered)
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:28 AM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
I prefer the 58 over the 74. I sold my 74 and the 58 is close to my favorite plane right now, including my gassers (30cc velox, 50cc edge, 150cc extra)
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:02 PM
Byron C
3DeltaFly's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
I prefer the 58 over the 74. I sold my 74 and the 58 is close to my favorite plane right now, including my gassers (30cc velox, 50cc edge, 150cc extra)
What didn't you like about the 74? And was yours an electric or a gasser?
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:22 PM
Registered User
Bdegan's Avatar
Joined Oct 2009
80 Posts
Got my 58" Edge yesterday.
I did not receive a manual with it. Don't need one really.

But, I have no idea where the CG is. What is everyone using for a CG that flies fairly neutral upright and inverted and is stable in a harrier ( no wing rock )

Thanks
Bdegan is offline Find More Posts by Bdegan
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:28 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,988 Posts
A good starting point is 3.75 in from the leading edge. This is what Joe Smith uses. But setting the cg in the air is better.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:17 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdegan View Post
Got my 58" Edge yesterday.
I did not receive a manual with it. Don't need one really.

But, I have no idea where the CG is. What is everyone using for a CG that flies fairly neutral upright and inverted and is stable in a harrier ( no wing rock )

Thanks
There is a manual available:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1139
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:03 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,344 Posts
I think 74 and 58 feel similar. My opinion, of course.
Bivens is online now Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:36 PM
ride hard and fly low
H.D.'s Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
The yellow 58" Edge will be back in stock mid November.
I have the 41" and 48" Edge and will be getting the 58" Edge in Yellow.
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:43 PM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
It could have been some set up, and I sold it before I really got it dialed in but it did some things that all edges tend to do. It had poor snap roll characteristics, it also liked to snap in a wall which is to be expected but the 74 tended to exaggerate this. That said i did enjoy it but I like my 58" better, although I loved the silver more than my red.
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 60 inch edge 540 vs 48 inch extreme flight extra 300 & edge 540 vs 3dhs slick 51 & 59 CRFan1 3D Flying 40 Mar 04, 2012 02:45 PM
Sold 3DHS Omega 130g NIB 58.00 Shipped boatdoc Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 9 Aug 28, 2011 09:16 AM
Discussion 3dhs edge 41" edge as second ish) plane? Mr Bloppy 3D Flying 19 Aug 25, 2010 09:43 AM
Wanted Wanted - 47" - 58" 3DHS, EF or Sebart plane paintball_kidz Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 02, 2010 11:12 PM
Wanted 47"-58" size 3DHS, Sebart or Extreme Flight paintball_kidz Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 13 Jan 02, 2010 12:52 AM