New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2015, 06:55 AM
Find More Posts by justy g
Burning & Turning
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2007
1,218 Posts
That's worrying.. I do hope you've nailed the problem and it dosen't rear it's ugly head again.

You do use two remote sats?
justy g is offline Find More Posts by justy g
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2015, 07:26 AM
Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,756 Posts
Yes, there are two to the Skookum and two to the 9020 plus 8 channel extender. I am not so sure that I will need more than 9 channels in the new helicopter as there is no sight system to operate. It could very well be time to rework the entire radio setup.

Don
Keyrigger is online now Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Nov 27, 2015, 03:58 PM
Find More Posts by justy g
Burning & Turning
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2007
1,218 Posts
With Two remotes, and one failing, you shouldn't loose a signal though. It would be worth contacting Skookum and maybe send them a download of your file.
justy g is offline Find More Posts by justy g
Old Nov 27, 2015, 07:10 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,756 Posts
Could be a good move. Another fellow suggested the same. I'll see what he says but in the meantime, I just bought the crew for the new helicopter. It will be moving parts and clothing all over the place to get a good finished set. I am currently working on the pilot, which will have a very trimmed down amount of gear compared to what I have on the one in the Heli-Baby. Most of his stuff will migrate over and the same goes for Bruce. Those will stay where they are and a whole new crew will be installed. It took an hour to get the gloves on alone, sigh. Back at it I go.

Don
Old Nov 28, 2015, 03:39 AM
Find More Posts by takeoff2
Romania, CL, Călărași
Joined Jan 2009
275 Posts
Hi Don
I'm sorry for what happened,the satellite is not the problem, this is Skookum, from time to time crashing your heli.I have 2 SK720 and i had many problems with them(blue edition).
takeoff2 is online now Find More Posts by takeoff2
Old Nov 28, 2015, 01:37 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,756 Posts
It's true, the satellite was not the problem. The connector at the satellite was faulty and it is a repeatable fault if I hook it up right now and wiggle the wire at the connector. There does not seem to be a good reason for this to happen as the second satellite was in perfect connection and this is something that appears to happen more times than previously thought. On HF, I read multiple postings of bad extension wires and this is what made me try the wires while the system was still armed and running after the impact. I will look for that thread and do a bit more reading and then post what just happened to mine. I will get an answer to this before I take the mechanics up in the air again. In the meantime, I am starting to assemble the new crew for the MH-6 and they are looking really cool. I'll post them in the thread when I get them all together. Thanks and take care.

Don