New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2016, 01:19 PM
Find More Posts by Ken Myers
Commerce Township, MI
Joined Aug 2001
4,983 Posts
Thank you Wayne.

That may have been my post in a different thread, sorry for the repetition, but I'd not done as many packs at that time, and didn't notice what appeared to be a pattern, but I'll take your word that it just might be coincidental.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Ken
Ken Myers is offline Find More Posts by Ken Myers
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2016, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by Wayne Giles
Rugby, UK
Joined Feb 2007
1,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hethjo View Post
Thanks Chuck, John and Wayne.

Why I wanted confirmation, is I measured at 21.8 degrees, a Gens Ace 1300mA 25C at 9.24, 9.72 and 9.52 and a Tattu 1300mA 45C at 9.64, 10.00 and 9.48. That say to me that the C rating for both are essentially the same, even though the Tattu is supposed to be 45C.

These are brand new batteries, not used at all.

I curious, has anyone seen a 3S 5000mA that lives up to its C rating? I bought a 25C and measured only 18C.

Hennie
Hennie,

It could be that the GensAce and the Tattu are the same cells; you never know in the lipo world. The figures are pretty good and they should drop a little after the first few cycles.

Re the 5000mAh question, I bought 4 off 5000 3S 20C Turnigy Blue packs about 3 years ago to use on an electric bike and now use them to drive the test and calibration rig for the ESR Meter. I have been using one pack for well over 2 years and I agree that it did not get a hard life on the bike @ about 5C - 8C discharges but it has always shown extremely well on the meter ratings.
I put it in a temperate controlled enclosure today @25*C and soaked it for a couple of hours and then put it on an ESR Analysis meter and Cell Mode results are:-

2.32m.ohms 23C
2.40m.ohms 22C
2.28m.ohms 23C
2.28m.ohms 23C
2.28m.ohms 23C
2.32m.ohms 23C

I reckon that is pretty impressive for a 3 year old, admittedly lightly used, 20C rated pack bearing in mind that the Lipotool calculator is pretty conservative.

I know the pack off by heart and that slightly weaker cell 2 is a good test to ensure that the meter on test always picks it out.

If you can accept HK's customer "service", then Turnigy Blue lipos have been a good bet over the years. Having said that they could have just changed the cell supplier, but who knows in the Lipo Lottery world.

Wayne
Wayne Giles is offline Find More Posts by Wayne Giles