HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Jim T. Graham, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 06, 2013, 10:38 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,540 Posts
RCGroups.com ETOC Winners 2013

Great pilots, great flying and a great event!
This year's ETOC was as smooth as any I have attended, and I have attended them all!
Congrats to everyone that competed and help put this great event together! You are all winners!

Your 2013 ETOC Champion is....

Mr. R.J. Gritter!

Gernot Bruckmann is in second place and Christoph Lausberg is in third.

This amazing battle ended in the closest final race in the history of the ETOC!
Congratulations to all the pilots who flew this weekend! You guys are all insane to have that much talent!

Thanks to Tom and the crew from TNT, RCGroups.com, and everyone who supported and helped run the 2013 RCGroups.com ETOC!

Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2013, 10:42 PM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Mar 2004
1,402 Posts
Way to go RJ. !!!!!!!!
air mail rcg is offline Find More Posts by air mail rcg
Old Apr 07, 2013, 04:48 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,024 Posts
Congrats to all.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Apr 07, 2013, 07:15 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,117 Posts
+1 what Azarr said.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Apr 08, 2013, 11:04 AM
Joined Nov 2007
114 Posts
Congrats RJ and great job by all the ETOC pilots this year!
tntangel is offline Find More Posts by tntangel
Old Apr 09, 2013, 01:39 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,663 Posts
It's been about 4 years since I've been to an ETOC. I just watched the video of RJ and I was amazed at how much slower the planes are flying these days. They must have come down in weight quite a lot in the last few years.... Very impressive!
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Last edited by Mr. Wiz; Apr 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 01:27 PM
Joined Oct 2010
128 Posts
Anyone have any idea what Christoph was running for his power trains? It really kinda struck me just how much quieter his planes were, especially the pattern plane. Also noticed on the pattern plane that his counter-rotating propellers didn't seem to be straight, but seemed to have something of a V pattern to them.
cardsQC is offline Find More Posts by cardsQC
Old Apr 12, 2013, 01:34 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,540 Posts
I just posted my podcast that talks about this. I interview RJ and we talked about Christoph's power system. It's very interesting!
You can download the podcast here.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old May 03, 2013, 01:06 AM
Zapopan, Jalisco
Joined Mar 2008
41 Posts
fliying styles vs. juding styles

I would like to just be as parcial about quality of flying in the finals on the sequences for RJ and Bruckmann. I think is easy to see that RJ changes in direction and inputs are way rough and not as precise as the ones from Gernot;

I think overall Gernot is the best pilot in FP3 and also his freestyle was better performed in timing and style than RJ. It is a pity such contest are so polarized to american competitors and over the years there are only 12 or 14 to come and contest, will be nice to see RJ and the other Americans in France each year and Germany to perform in higher levels with international judges.

just a perspective and a personal point of view, I'm not trying to harm anyone's feelings

Claude
claude_3d is offline Find More Posts by claude_3d
Old May 03, 2013, 11:46 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Jan 2007
697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude_3d View Post
I would like to just be as parcial about quality of flying in the finals on the sequences for RJ and Bruckmann. I think is easy to see that RJ changes in direction and inputs are way rough and not as precise as the ones from Gernot;

I think overall Gernot is the best pilot in FP3 and also his freestyle was better performed in timing and style than RJ. It is a pity such contest are so polarized to american competitors and over the years there are only 12 or 14 to come and contest, will be nice to see RJ and the other Americans in France each year and Germany to perform in higher levels with international judges.

just a perspective and a personal point of view, I'm not trying to harm anyone's feelings

Claude
Gernot won ETOC the past 3 years...

Seth
3D-Seth is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Seth
Site Sponsor
Old May 04, 2013, 09:52 AM
Team JR
Medford, NJ
Joined Jan 2004
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude_3d View Post

I think over all Gernot is the best pilot in FP3 and also his freestyle was better performed in timing and style than RJ. It is a pity such contest are so polarized to american competitors and over the years there are only 12 or 14 to come and contest, will be nice to see RJ and the other Americans ikon France each year and Germany to perform in higher levels with international judges.

Claude
I think it also worth noting that ETOC is not an F3P contest. F3P sequences are not flown, and the criteria for judging the sequences and freestyle are different at ETOC. The spirit and nature of the ETOC freestyle has always rewarded and emphasized new maneuvers and aggressive flging. I would suggest that RJ has probably introduced more new freestyle maneuvers than any other pilot, and he did again this year in his last freestyle in the finals with a reverse pitch rolling havoc that brought the most applause from the crowd for the whole event.

If you look at the last couple years of ETOC, I think it is very easy to see the influence RJ (and Devin) have had on the use of vectored vpp in the routines of top pilots all over the world.

Regards,

Dave
DaveL322 is offline Find More Posts by DaveL322
Old May 05, 2013, 12:29 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Mar 2004
1,402 Posts
Dave I could not agree more.
air mail rcg is offline Find More Posts by air mail rcg