SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:55 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2009
36 Posts
Discussion
DJI Spread Wings S800 and Zenmuse Z15 prices are out!

****Currency converted with 6.3****
****exact NA pricing has to be determined by Robert@DJIUSA and DJI Head Quarter****

Zenmuse S15 has been announced with costs of USD$3150
Control Accuracy: .05'
Pitch Angle: 180'
Roll Angle: 40'
Rotate Angle: 360'
Fits: SONY NEX5/NEX7 or Panasonic GH1/GH2

Price includes an independent IMU for gimbal stabilization, all the special servos and hardware

If you own WKM before Mar.10, you get $640 discount
If you own ACEONE or WKM-WP before Mar.10, you get $790 discount
If you own ACE Waypoint before Mar.10, you get $1111 discount

Spread Wing S800 has also been announced with a price of USD$1600, comes with motor, esc, blades(could be CF), and landing struts

If you own WKM or ACEONE before Mar.10, you get $320 discount
Buying S800 with WKM as new customer, you don't get the $320 discount, but you do get a $240 discount.

All Zenmuse and Spread Wing S800 are taking pre-orders now only through DJI China and if you pre-order it before April 10th, you get another $320 discount.

All of the above are directly translated from Chinese forum and is not subjects to any policy established in NA market, as a matter of fact, NO Dealer around the world will be participating in this Pre-order! if you would like to place an order you will have to contact DJI directly
tpnitro is offline Find More Posts by tpnitro
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:05 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
I will have the official updates in the morning. Just have a few minor things to clear up first.

<<All Zenmuse and Spread Wing S800 are taking pre-orders now only through DJI China and if you pre-order it before April 10th, you get another $320 discount.>> This is one minor detail we are waiting for clarification.

Please be patient we will have everything cleared up in the morning.

Thanks,

Robert
DJIUSA.com
UAVproducts.com
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:11 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,759 Posts
WOW!!! Just about double the original speculated price, but note that this is a 3 axis mount, not the 2 axis most hobbyists will be interested in. I would imagine the 2 axis would be somewhat lower. I would be interested in the full specs on the S800. $1600 is not out of line for a quality frame with motors, escs and props. Hopefully they will be generous with the props as I doubt that replacements will be readily available on introduction. With the discounts, combined they are about $1000 higher than what I have into my MK Hexa, but my camera mount is no where near the quality of the Zenmuse. I guess I may need to sell some more gear that I am not using. Sigh.....
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:14 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2009
36 Posts
oh please, this is not a very good price to be honest with you, $3000 for a gimbal

what you made the belt drive gimbal, is more in the average joe ballpark and boy, you guys did a great job on your gimbal
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:17 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2009
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
WOW!!! Just about double the original speculated price, but note that this is a 3 axis mount, not the 2 axis most hobbyists will be interested in. I would imagine the 2 axis would be somewhat lower. I would be interested in the full specs on the S800. $1600 is not out of line for a quality frame with motors, escs and props. Hopefully they will be generous with the props as I doubt that replacements will be readily available on introduction. With the discounts, combined they are about $1000 higher than what I have into my MK Hexa, but my camera mount is no where near the quality of the Zenmuse. I guess I may need to sell some more gear that I am not using. Sigh.....

you are right about the frame, consider DX costs 1k-ish, Cinestar costs 2k... 1.6 with discounts you are looking at a killer deal.

I will be getting the S800, not sure about Z15 though, however you are right again, most people shall be interested in the 2-axis gimbal
Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:36 PM
Joined Dec 2006
72 Posts
Pre-order for a gimbal where there is no video in action.
That is to believe blindly in the product.
video please.
buhojean is offline Find More Posts by buhojean
Old Mar 02, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
So if you already have WKM and make a pre-order before april 10th you have a US$640 + US$320 discount for the gimbal and US$320 + US$320 on the S800 frame?

I too want to see some raw videos from the gimbal.
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old Mar 02, 2012, 11:44 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
tpnitro, I have no idea where you got the information from. Perhaps, an assumption from what you read in Chinese forum. Price info is incorrect. The reason behind you starting this thread is beyond me without any confirmation from DJI.

Pricing in China is slightly different than for North America and Europe. For North America-

MSRP- US or countries using USD

Zenmuse 3-axis gimbal $3,470
S800 Spreading Wings $1,610

There will be substantial savings for existing WKM and Ace One owners during pre-order period from March 10 to April 10. The pre-order period is limited to end users and not "Dealer". Official DJI website in English will list the detail within 12 hours.

S800: during preorder period
Not WKM owner $1,370
WKM owner $1,050
Ace One Onwer $1,050

Zenmuse during preorder period
Not WKM owenr $3,150
WKM owner $2,510
WKM Waypoint owner $2,350
Ace One C&G owner $2,350

Package price during pre-order period
WKM + S800: $2,330
WKM + Zenmuse: $3,870
WKM + S800 + Zenmuse: $4,990

There are additional savings; I am listing the most important part here as detail will be on the website soon.

here is an old one done last September.

There will be substantial savings for existing WKM and Ace One owners during pre-order period from March 10 to April 10. The pre-order period is limited to end users and not "Dealer". Official DJI website in English will list the detail within 12 hours.

--------------------------------------
European dealers using Euro currency-

Zenmuse 3-axis gimbal €2,750
S800 Spreading Wings €1,280

S800: during preorder period
Not WKM owner €1,100
WKM owner €860
Ace One Onwer €860

Zenmuse during preorder period
Not WKM owner €2,510
WKM owner €2,030
WKM Waypoint owner €1,900
Ace One C&G owner €1,900

Package price during pre-order period
WKM + S800: €1,820
WKM + Zenmuse: €3,050
WKM + S800 + Zenmuse: €3,950

There are additional savings and combos; I am listing the most important part here as detail will be on the website soon.

DJI WK-M new gimbal test (2 min 27 sec)

This one is from last week, mounted on heli

DJI Zenmuse gimbal+Ace One front mount JR260 first test raw footage (6 min 16 sec)

DJI Zenmuse S800 Spreading Wings test flght (3 min 29 sec)
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Last edited by sidneyw; Mar 03, 2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 11:56 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,759 Posts
Sidney, have you set the price of the 2 axis gimbal yet?
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Mar 03, 2012, 12:05 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Sidney, have you set the price of the 2 axis gimbal yet?
2-axis won't be out for another 2 to 3 months.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 03, 2012, 12:25 AM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
man, hope that gimbal is really good....

the $3k price is steep...... if you think $1k for controller and $1k for the mount, which would be on par with MKs gear and like the picloc pro.... so I am guessing that the other $1k will be for intellectual property for an amazing, one of a kind gimbal that works nothing like PSO or a normal belt driven mount.

looking forward to seeing videos and pics of it.

pushing the highend of the market and prop/semipro application.

hope to see the 2 axis version soon!
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Mar 03, 2012, 12:46 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
I will release more videos and photos next week.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 03, 2012, 12:49 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Many guys have no idea about the gimbal or even if they will be able to mount the gimbal on their copter yet they rush for a preorder discount.

Don't even mention the preorder fraud DJI had with WKM.

No wonder they use us as beta testers.

I will not preorder anything without a manual, clear mounting instructions and reviews from unbiased users.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Mar 03, 2012, 01:11 AM
Joined Oct 2011
519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
The pre-order period is limited to end users and not "Dealer". Official DJI website in English will list the detail within 12 hours.
Sydney, I have been using my wookong-m (still at v4.0) since last year so I think I should qualify for the pre-order tho I prefer getting it from distributor. My biggest concern is DJI support being adamant to assist and just reply "please go to your distributor". How will we have confidence to buy/preorder this, will DJI take full responsibility should there be defective items rather than getting the run-around emails?
TruckBasher is offline Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Mar 03, 2012, 01:15 AM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
Can the S800 with Zenmuse easily take a 5D MKIII or RED camera with lenses?
$3000 still sounds well overpriced! Even more if you consider that S800 landig skids are not retractable, what makes the 360* feature of the Zenmuse almost pointless.
Not to mention the crisis of confidence I'm facing with Wookong after losing my 500X and DJI taking no interest in the problem that is now also popping up in the forum from other users.
Next week I will have the Hoverfly products quote I asked for and will be interesting to compare prices and features before deciding what to go for.
Hopefully by the time there will be also good raw videos showing the S800 and Zenmuse in real action.
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73