HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:35 PM
United States, AK, Ketchikan
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
I think this is at the top of my list of the new UMX planes coming out. I love my Radian Pro but it would be nice to have something I could fly from the small HS field that is a couple blocks away. I wonder of PZ might be working on a large version of this plane, as it seems HH has some dual versions of things now (PZ Spit/UM Spit, PZ Albatros/E-Flite Albatros).
bdshort is offline Find More Posts by bdshort
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Dec 2007
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
Buy from wherever it's most convenient. We're big on supporting your LHS, but if you want to buy direct from us that's OK too.
Dave, kudos for the big new product bonanza

The new ASK-21 looks fab, but unless the metric version is not an Ultra Micro but a Hyper Nano, then the wing area spec should be corrected from 520 sq. mm to 520 sq. cm

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...nf-EFLU1280#t2

Btw. I'm saving my DLG budget for the 2-piece wing 1500mm DLG HH will be so kind to roll out soon

The same goes for the UM Dornier Do 335 with flaps

And of course the UM air combat module, what will turn UM flying in the park into murderous social event (imagine how many new buyers you'll get)

Thanks again for the awesome offerings
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:36 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Nov 2009
170 Posts
Quote:
This thing has a 34 inch wingspan.
its scale wise, micro for what it does. :P
asd9000 is offline Find More Posts by asd9000
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:39 PM
I'm BIG on micros
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Mar 2011
588 Posts
Could I tow this with my Champ?

Wait a Second, the micro cub looks even better. I might kiss my Champ goodbye and get that cub! HH you are AMAZING and you are emptying my wallet!
JSS4 is offline Find More Posts by JSS4
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Dec 2007
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSS4 View Post
Could I tow this with my Champ?
That would be a stretch, if possible at all. But if you guttered a 2S BL setup, I believe the Chap airframe would be up to the job, even though ailerons would make it a lot more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSS4 View Post
HH you are AMAZING and you are emptying my wallet!
Swap the bold for at
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:32 PM
Let's get low, let's get fast.
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Dec 2009
311 Posts
[QUOTE=RealGambler;20603918]Do you remove the wings to put it in a box, or is it the largest box ever?....Wondering if there's a brushed esc on board. If that's the case, then, it could pobably go staight into any old UMs for a AS3X conversion, particularly if it's programmable.

"Removable one-piece wing with high efficiency airfoil"

I can't wait to get some stick -time with ASK. A massive double- dip slope that faces into the wind sits 30 yards out of the front door.....
kilgore_trout is offline Find More Posts by kilgore_trout
Last edited by kilgore_trout; Feb 01, 2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:33 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,212 Posts
HH is thief!!!!! I had 200 in cash in my wallet yesterday and now its gone and it wasnt my choice!!
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Feb 02, 2012, 04:17 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcrcflyer View Post
That if awesome but when its it coming out? I'm still waiting for the UMX gee bee and the 25 hurricane I ordered 7 months ago... I'm not getting my hopes up.
This is a list of HH releases for this year - taken from the HH UK site but USA and UK releases are normally close together with HH. Note there's no Hurricane there, or is that counted as already released?

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon...lanes_pop.html
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Feb 02, 2012, 06:31 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard View Post
This is a list of HH releases for this year - taken from the HH UK site but USA and UK releases are normally close together with HH. Note there's no Hurricane there, or is that counted as already released?

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon...lanes_pop.html
Nice list! Can't believe that they are not releasing the glider and the Cub together. March and May????? What a mistake! Still think they should release them together and give us a small discount if we buy both at the same time! Already have two friends who are willing to fly the Cub to get the Glider up (and vice-versa)
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Feb 02, 2012, 08:09 AM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
983 Posts
I'm wondering about wind penetration. It's been a very long time since I worried about penetration.
gentle ben is online now Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Feb 02, 2012, 10:19 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Lol - is that because you've no need to worry or because you've forgotten why it mattered!

I think the UMX 3DBeast may have a more powerful motor but its a "draggy" bipe and that has no problem achieving the sort of penetration that matters to a bipe in the winds I've been flying in - 12-15 mph.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Feb 02, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Dec 2007
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
I'm wondering about wind penetration. It's been a very long time since I worried about penetration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard View Post
I think the UMX 3DBeast may have a more powerful motor but its a "draggy" bipe and that has no problem achieving the sort of penetration that matters to a bipe in the winds I've been flying in - 12-15 mph.
Well, this is a good point. What makes my Alula fabulous is the ease ballast can be added and removed, right on the CG. Slope soar in 10 m/s at noon, and DLG in last strays of the sun.
The AS3X is really a nice aspect, removing some of the excess drama from the catapult launches and letting novices deal with gusts, but in terms of wind penetration does nada. Hope HH thought of a ballast system..
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:39 PM
United States, CA, Pleasant Hill
Joined Mar 2005
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron View Post
Dave, kudos for the big new product bonanza

The new ASK-21 looks fab, but unless the metric version is not an Ultra Micro but a Hyper Nano, then the wing area spec should be corrected from 520 sq. mm to 520 sq. cm

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...nf-EFLU1280#t2

Btw. I'm saving my DLG budget for the 2-piece wing 1500mm DLG HH will be so kind to roll out soon

The same goes for the UM Dornier Do 335 with flaps

And of course the UM air combat module, what will turn UM flying in the park into murderous social event (imagine how many new buyers you'll get)

Thanks again for the awesome offerings

yes thanks HH and +1 for a DLG
specriv is offline Find More Posts by specriv
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:57 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,416 Posts
NO!!!! If I get any more micro planes in boxes I will have walled myself in. Just fabulous stuff. Horizon is really sewing up the Micro market. Hopefully my Gee Bee will be here this month.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:59 PM
Where's the lift?
United States, WA, Snohomish
Joined Mar 2001
2,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR2 View Post
NO!!!! If I get any more micro planes in boxes I will have walled myself in. Just fabulous stuff. Horizon is really sewing up the Micro market. Hopefully my Gee Bee will be here this month.
Rick,

We need to get these! Then we can do an aerotowing demo at the Buzzards fun-fly this summer, and wow 'em with what micros can do. I'll get the glider, if you get the Sport Cub! FUN!!!

Don.
dgliderguy is offline Find More Posts by dgliderguy