SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 28, 2012, 01:06 AM
Team Innova
Joined Sep 2011
120 Posts
my team mate got his 600 running the other day here is a video of it 100% stock and head speed is abit low

http://www.youtube.com/user/saberwul.../0/2IOula2-qmE
Helihope is offline Find More Posts by Helihope
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:17 AM
South Africa, GP, Midrand
Joined Mar 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_z06 View Post
Metal tail drive pulley (maybe the hub only), should be available after the Chinese new year according to KDS. This is needed mostly for 700. Jae-Hong Lee is in China testing the updated parts at the moment. Our 700 will be grounded until then.
Any news on the metal tail pulley? The tail pulley on my 550 broke at the end of flight 12 on landing. Thankfully no damage except the pulley and the main gear.
Adventurer21 is offline Find More Posts by Adventurer21
Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:52 AM
plank n shankbone pilot
Dumont, NJ
Joined Feb 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurer21 View Post
Any news on the metal tail pulley? The tail pulley on my 550 broke at the end of flight 12 on landing. Thankfully no damage except the pulley and the main gear.
I have seen the picture. But, it takes time to produce them. I am waiting for the parts so we can test them.
red_z06 is offline Find More Posts by red_z06
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined Mar 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
I have seen the picture. But, it takes time to produce them. I am waiting for the parts so we can test them.
When the pulley broke, the main-shaft lifted up out of the bottom bearing block, and all the spacers and washers that surround the pulley and main gear went into orbit.

Where's the best parts supplier? I've been looking around for these parts, and they're not to be found anywhere.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Mar 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Any idea on the timeline? Would it be worth waiting for this metal pulley, or are we talking months here?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:05 AM
plank n shankbone pilot
Dumont, NJ
Joined Feb 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Any idea on the timeline? Would it be worth waiting for this metal pulley, or are we talking months here?
I spoke with Abby at KDS. Shes says some parts are available now. We have shelved all KDS helis at the moment until improved parts are available.

I didn't think the 550 pulley hub would break due to lower loading. That is bad.
red_z06 is offline Find More Posts by red_z06
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:30 AM
Joined Mar 2011
101 Posts
In the absence of parts, I'm going to make my own.

Can anybody give me the height of the "550-80 Pulley Mount", it's the bit that goes on top of the tail pulley to keep the pin in place.

Craig
Old Feb 19, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Mar 2011
101 Posts
Just a small update.

I've replaced the KDS tail drive pulley with the identical part for a Logo 500. It's absolutely identical. For a spacer, the guy in the LHS suggested a spare main bearing, and what do you know, it's a perfect fit.

So its all good to go, except that I never noticed that I had a bent tail shaft, so Hei Ho Hei Ho - its back to the LHS I go.

Any guesses if a Mikado tail shaft will fit?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 03:35 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,435 Posts
Nice to know!

I've flown my KDS 600 a couple of times now on the Turnigy DLux 80A HV ESC, seems to work okay. I have had the soft start work and not work. More testing on that, until I get that done I'll spool it up in normal mode. ESC came down acceptably warm.
bwoollia is offline Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Feb 19, 2012, 09:31 PM
Gainesville, Florida
Joined Sep 2006
2,954 Posts
Quote:
Just a small update.

I've replaced the KDS tail drive pulley with the identical part for a Logo 500. It's absolutely identical. For a spacer, the guy in the LHS suggested a spare main bearing, and what do you know, it's a perfect fit.

So its all good to go, except that I never noticed that I had a bent tail shaft, so Hei Ho Hei Ho - its back to the LHS I go.

Any guesses if a Mikado tail shaft will fit?
Imagine that
laughingstill is offline Find More Posts by laughingstill
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:19 AM
Umm what just flew off my ship
Joined Jan 2010
1,016 Posts
Do they make one for a 700 ????
GhostFlyer1 is offline Find More Posts by GhostFlyer1
Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:34 PM
Joined Mar 2011
101 Posts
Don't know about the Logo line, but it sounded like the Innovas all use the same tail pulley.

Re: the tail shaft.
The Logo tail shaft is NOT a drop-in replacement. The Logo shaft is 2mm longer, and the locking-pin hole position differs by 7mm. Which means that you cannot use the KDS tail pulley on the Logo shaft.

I used the Logo tail pulley, one of the KDS brass tail bushes and 4 450 Pro main shaft shims before all the latteral play was gone. Then the tail shaft is only half way into the left hand bearing, so it got a daub of locktite. Also, the longer shaft means that at center slider, there's a ton of pitch towards the tail case, at full right rudder it will be quite easy to stall the tail, and left piros might be quite sluggish. I'm probably going the have to grind a new flat-spot and move the tail hub inwards some.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:41 PM
Umm what just flew off my ship
Joined Jan 2010
1,016 Posts
Ok Thanks. I guess I will just wait for the new one to come out.
GhostFlyer1 is offline Find More Posts by GhostFlyer1
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:05 AM
Italy
Joined Oct 2004
124 Posts
Anyone know what is different from 550 to 600? The parts are almost the same apart a longer tail tube or the frame parts are different?
uragano47812 is offline Find More Posts by uragano47812
Old Apr 04, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Dec 2011
691 Posts
just for general info maidened my kds 600 today with soft radio settings, 10 min flight with no issues. just took it easy. never had a problem with tail belt pulley alignment, as read in this thread. why would the pulley fail?
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams