Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:11 AM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
60" extra? 3dhs or EF?
EF! Going to give them a try. I flew it and it is v nice. The build seems a little better so we'll see. This is coming from a 3DHS fan.
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:07 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
My blue scheme edge has arrived. Wheeeeee. Lol.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:46 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,023 Posts
Edge down!!! and sadly to say..... out. Re-order/Re-do. It was a great warrior (bugles sounding) and fought a good fight, but the maker had other ideas
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:48 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
Edge down!!! and sadly to say..... out. Re-order/Re-do. It was a great warrior (bugles sounding) and fought a good fight, but the maker had other ideas
Doh! Sorry about your loss man.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:53 PM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
5,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Doh! Sorry about your loss man.
All part of the game. No big shakes. Got into an inverted flat spin about 20seconds after take-off and was going to pull of Joe S (slide the tail to a hover) exit and for some reason dumb thumbed the rudder. Ive never goofed that one but I guess I can say Ive done it now.
It happens. Hey if they lasted forever we would all still be flying the ugly sticks.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I've heard that the EF 60" Extra is an awesome plane. But I can tell you for CERTAIN that the 3DHS 57" Extra is awesome!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
I can tell you for CERTAIN that the 60" EF Extra is an awesome plane, and I will be able to tell you soon just how awesome the 57", once I get it built
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
Actually I can already tell you they both fly awesome!!!!!
So just curious (and jealous!). Why have an EF 60" AND a 57" 3DHS Extra. Probably has something to do with MORE Extras in the Hangar! Not judging, wish I could "double up". Appreciate the comments. I'm excited about getting this one together and airborne.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:41 PM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
5,023 Posts
actually the EF belongs to a friend of mine and we trade off once in a while. We are fortunate enough to have about every awesome flying plane there is between the two of us (and a couple others) and I was just vouching for the both. You will have to experience it for yourself. Wont disappoint
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:05 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
So just curious (and jealous!). Why have an EF 60" AND a 57" 3DHS Extra. Probably has something to do with MORE Extras in the Hangar! Not judging, wish I could "double up". Appreciate the comments. I'm excited about getting this one together and airborne.
Why not?

long story short, I had always planned to get the 57" extra, but then one day I see EF is have a "not going toledo sale" so I jump on the EF 60" instead, got it and I love it, flys great and so I'm happy, but then at the last 3DHS gargage sale I score the 57" extra for $200 shipped

Personal opinion as I have started the 57" build and can compare construction of the two, the 3dhs is going to be lighter and floater but more delicate, it is just a much lighter plane without all the CF bracing and heavier plywood that the EF has, it is also smaller, which means I will probably like it better as I love light and floaty. We'll see, I'm equipping the 57" with the same motor and servos on my EF so it should be a decent comparison
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,002 Posts
It's all about the deals! My 48" 3DHS Edge is a bit too floaty so I should really love this Extra.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:58 PM
The Ayatollah of Rock & Rolla
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Dec 2011
179 Posts
My wing bolt came out today in a violent tumble maneuver. Anyone need parts? The fuse is toast, everything else is good, I managed to get it down soft and easy, some minor damage to one wing. PM me for details.
StickHack is offline Find More Posts by StickHack
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:07 AM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,157 Posts
Getting ready to order another 48" (#4) probably next week. Been flying my mix and match blue and orange FrankenEdge. It is better than no Edge at all. This plane is too good not to have one flying at all times. New one is going to get completly new electronics. Savox replaced the rudder servo that locked up on me a few weeks ago. Looks like winter is coming fast, time to break out my flying gloves or order one of those transmitter gloves from HK. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ap_Ready_.html
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:49 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
Getting ready to order another 48" (#4) probably next week. Been flying my mix and match blue and orange FrankenEdge. It is better than no Edge at all. This plane is too good not to have one flying at all times. New one is going to get completly new electronics. Savox replaced the rudder servo that locked up on me a few weeks ago. Looks like winter is coming fast, time to break out my flying gloves or order one of those transmitter gloves from HK. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ap_Ready_.html
Don't get one from hk. Support reacher10 his gloves are better and made by him. I have used mine for 2 winters http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=reacher10
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:17 PM
Shade Tree Aviation #2
United States, NC, Rutherfordton
Joined Jan 2002
1,121 Posts
CAD work done on SFGs for the 48" Edge

Here is were the design ended up on the SFGs. Next step is to work on the files for the carbon gear mount...
M.Putnam is offline Find More Posts by M.Putnam
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:10 AM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
You might want to try a 51" AJ Slick
I have both after crashing my Edge I got a slick, now I don't want to even fix my Edge even though I have everything needed to do it.
Mach3 is online now Find More Posts by Mach3
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:59 PM
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Sep 2012
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
Thanks. Have the 3DHS 48" edge so I went w the extra for a change. Doing some IMAC now and it looks like the extra airframe is better suited to that plus 3D. The 48" edge is a bit too floaty for nice lines but makes up for it with ballistic 3D! Hoping to get it all set to fly before snow here in NH. Esc is back ordered. Thanks. Did you use the SFGs ? Big difference?
I have a ? what does IMAC stand for
teddy5085 is offline Find More Posts by teddy5085
RCG Plus Member