Old May 07, 2011, 06:29 PM
Go play before it is too late!
Newmarket Canada
Joined Dec 2008
95 Posts
Discussion
GoPro on EasyStar - Spring in suburban Canada

Folks

My two latest endeavors. Maybe not as smooth as I would have liked.. I think I had the gain on the aileron gyro too high.

But hey - the green of spring is so great and besides - I always wanted to look on top of the water tower!

Both vids are in HD if you have the bandwidth and the inclination.

Sunrise of the sports fields in Stonehaven - Aerial Video (3 min 34 sec)

On this video below I left the original soundtrack so people can hear the low level of power the Easystar requires even when loaded up.

Spring in suburban Canada - Aerial Video (4 min 10 sec)

Cheers

Chris
Chrisfly is offline Find More Posts by Chrisfly
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2011, 12:40 AM
Gravity-Compliant User
Nebraska USA
Joined Mar 2008
1,450 Posts
Smooth enough, Chris! Good views of the water tower top. Yeah, Happy to see springtime, the winter seemed long here too.

Curious as to how you've mounted your GoPro - I have a GoPro/EZ* set-up as well, but get a bit of the nose in the view. Think I need to raise the camera up another half inch. Do you have any photos of your mounting?

And, I agree, the EZ* carries the weight easily.

~Roger
Zaurak3 is offline Find More Posts by Zaurak3
Old May 08, 2011, 08:48 AM
Go play before it is too late!
Newmarket Canada
Joined Dec 2008
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurak3 View Post
Smooth enough, Chris! Good views of the water tower top. Yeah, Happy to see springtime, the winter seemed long here too.

Curious as to how you've mounted your GoPro - I have a GoPro/EZ* set-up as well, but get a bit of the nose in the view. Think I need to raise the camera up another half inch. Do you have any photos of your mounting?

And, I agree, the EZ* carries the weight easily.

~Roger
Hi Roger

More details here : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...48&postcount=8

Two things to consider:

Which GoPro and what format are you using? The GoPro HD defaults to r4 which is the "tallest" of the formats in 4:3. In this mode the camera would have to be raised a lot or pointed up a fair bit. I use r5 which is 16:9 and that allows me to easily exclude the nose.

Check this out it really helps:

GoPro HD Modes Comparison (2 min 36 sec)

Secondly - I did just get my hands on an LCD Bac for my GoPro and it is awesome for setup.

Cheers

Chris
Chrisfly is offline Find More Posts by Chrisfly
Old May 08, 2011, 09:26 AM
Gravity-Compliant User
Nebraska USA
Joined Mar 2008
1,450 Posts
I use the GoPro HD as well and do know about the format variations. I normally use either R3 or R5 - R5 just places a `touch' of the EZ*'s nose in it, but I do angle the camera down slightly to get more ground in the video. The little bit of the nose is not really objectionable, but it is nice to be able to get it out of the frame.

My set up is very similar to yours, but I have mounted the GoPro further aft to ease the CG manipulations, causing the difference. Will attach a photo...

Yes, the LCD Bac is a nice addition, will have to get one.

~Roger
Zaurak3 is offline Find More Posts by Zaurak3