SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 04, 2014, 09:33 AM
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Mar 2013
436 Posts
I will let this forum know as soon as I get the OK from our China office.

I have a T-28 as well and been asking for this from day one.

Flew the real one while station in Pensacola many years ago and has always been a favorite.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBert View Post
+1
Diamond Hobby is online now Find More Posts by Diamond Hobby
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2014, 04:49 AM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,714 Posts
Oh yeah, only women and poker players have cards in their hands. I don't believe ya. Read off the numbers. Exp. date and security code. Hel might as well reveal the pin while you're at it.
alpea 41 is online now Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Dec 09, 2014, 04:26 AM
Short Circuit Creator
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Joined Nov 2004
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Hobby View Post
It has not been decided if a new version And so far it will be replacement that can be retrofitted.

jim
I'll take 3 of each ( for 3 T28's) 2 x V1's and 1 x V2
Crashem Dave is offline Find More Posts by Crashem Dave
Old Dec 12, 2014, 06:28 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Apr 2013
137 Posts
I'd love to have a new set!
kokopellimusic is offline Find More Posts by kokopellimusic
Old Dec 12, 2014, 09:36 PM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,714 Posts
I just wiped out my post with a bad key stroke on this keyboard so I'm off to get a new keyboard then I'l try again. I guess you can only spill so many beers into one before it screws up.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:29 AM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,714 Posts
So anyway , as I was saying.
I was flying my Dynam version Sat. and it was not behaving quite right with respect to attitude stability. It seemed to be slightly off trim constantly by small amounts and I would add trim corrections only to have it wander off my flight path in the opposite direction. . Seemed all 3 axis were affected.
I've been flying it on a H K orange 3 axis stabilization gyro Rx with the gains turned all the way down to= off. So I thought maybe the gyro was searching for an input to reference by. So I turned all 3 pot screws on by 1/4 turn. Then when I manually moved the plane I watched the servo response and it seemed the roll response was reversed so I flipped the reverse switch on roll axis.
The take off roll was fine I ROGed it and at about 4 ft A G L, ( with no input from me ) it did a perfectly coordinated slow 180 degree roll onto it's back and started to fly away inverted.
Immediately I knew I had screwed up. And it would not respond to my efforts to right it. I figured a crash landing inverted now was better than later so I cut the motor and crashed inverted.

But next time I want to show off I'l reverse the elevator and the roll gyro and fly the whole flight inverted, Cuz the slow 5 second roll rate on take off was a beautiful thing to see.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 04:59 PM
England
Joined Jun 2009
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpatrick View Post
Which sound profile will you use for this plane?

here what they sound like
try to find one that matches

T-28 startup.mpg (3 min 28 sec)
SimonV6 is offline Find More Posts by SimonV6
Old Dec 15, 2014, 03:20 AM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,714 Posts
Flew my imitation kit on 5 s today .It was a 5s that had 1 cell a little weak. And not all of my Trojan is standard from the manufacturer. I think I have a H K 50 A esc..It went from a truck to a sports car though. The vertical climb topped out a little over 400 ft. It was ummmm rewarding. And one thing for sure it will never see a 4s battery again.
And like that other guy I've taken off all the gear bay doors And put the largest Dubro wheel that still fits into the nose gear bay. I fly it on a 2 blade APC 14x 8 E prop . But now I've cut a quarter inch off each
. I'tip
Ive also got the 3 axis gyro flight stabilization RX set at a point I'm happy with.
Last edited by alpea 41; Dec 15, 2014 at 03:42 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 02:29 PM
Joined Nov 2013
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeGe View Post
Have not decided yet, it does not have the T-28 engine. I like the Merlin and Pratt so not sure which will be best. Planning on just using the single speaker so far.
You could get the WW2 sound pack as it has the Wright Cyclone used in the T-28.
WillyXJ is offline Find More Posts by WillyXJ
Old Dec 15, 2014, 03:39 PM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyXJ View Post
You could get the WW2 sound pack as it has the Wright Cyclone used in the T-28.
I would like to see the Mr. RC Sound system include the sound pack of your choice. It would make it more economical and there wouldn't be an unused sound pack chip laying around collecting dust.
dfrazier is online now Find More Posts by dfrazier
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:08 PM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,714 Posts
If you desire a little more sporty performance in it's flight envelope a 5 s power system on a 2 blade prop does deliver.
The axle part of the nose gear wire strut was not long enough to use the "C" clip or a wheel collar as a keeper. When using a thicker Dubro wheel.So I took a 4mm female bullet and C A ed it on the axle shaft as a keeper
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,714 Posts
Always fly a big plane w/ a separate Rx battery

Always ,Always , Always

That weak cell dumped yesterday. My ESC is a Turnigy Plush 60 A. It auto-recognizes number of cells. 2 minutes into a flight yesterday on a slow 1/2 flap pass I noticed no throttle response to power up.
I kept her heading to straight ahead , left the gear up and belly landed on the grass at Whittier Narrows . I hit the top of a large gopher mound , broke the prop and slid to a stop . No damage but for the prop and a muddy belly.
I don't know if a UBEC woulda saved her but a seperate Rx battery pack did. It all might have been a different story with out it.
For $10-$15 it's great insurance.
Cell checker had the weak cell at 2.75 v
Last edited by alpea 41; Yesterday at 06:47 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM
CAVU morning, to you!
United States, CO, Erie
Joined Aug 2014
56 Posts
Found this on YouTube -not sure if it's been posted before, but it's pretty cool!

T-28 Trojan Aerobatics (7 min 58 sec)
trhodes1 is online now Find More Posts by trhodes1
Last edited by trhodes1; Yesterday at 11:14 PM.