HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2009, 04:18 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Aug 2009
9 Posts
Question
What servos should I use.

Just curious as to what I should use. Should I go with a spread spectrum set or freq controlled? I know that technology is changing all the time and it's been a while since I've flown a plane so I don't know what the better one is to use now.
lvlninety9 is offline Find More Posts by lvlninety9
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2009, 05:53 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,520 Posts
Confused - are you asking what radio system to get? Or what servos to use?
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2009, 06:58 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Aug 2009
9 Posts
my mistake. I meant radio system.
lvlninety9 is offline Find More Posts by lvlninety9
Old Aug 20, 2009, 09:11 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Long Island NY, USA
Joined Dec 2005
2,824 Posts
Now's the perfect time to pick up a 2.4 Ghz system. However, there are different choices to consider. Spektrum, Futaba FAAST or the Airtronics 2.4 Ghz.

Spektrum/JR 2.4 is very widely used around where I fly, but there is plenty of Futaba FAAST (their form of 2.4 ghz) around also. I prefer Spektrum/JR because of the programming ease and amazing product support from horizon. If I had to suggest a radio, knowing nothing about your flying habits, I'd go with a Spektrum DX7. Possibly the last radio you'll ever buy unless you start flying very large scale airplanes.

You can also look into the Futaba 10C 2.4 radio. Great radio with amazing features. That would be my second choice if I didn't know Spektrum/JR programming so well already.
heligrom is offline Find More Posts by heligrom
Old Aug 20, 2009, 09:36 PM
What goes up, will come down
ATL, GA
Joined Jul 2009
251 Posts
I own a dx6i spektrum, I love it. I dont think I'd need 7 channels for anything, anytime soon
Mulciber126 is offline Find More Posts by Mulciber126
Old Sep 06, 2009, 01:13 AM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,818 Posts
What kind of plane will you be flying Lvl? If the plane is worth putting a $50 receiver in, I personally use a Spektrum DX7. On all my cheap little electric foamies I like building I use a $14 receiver and use this cheap Chinese radio from Hobby King:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...x_&_Rx_(Mode_2)

Just getting back into the hobby after a long layoff and talking to all the guys at my club, I think 2.4Ghz is definitely the way to go.... how much you want to spend is up to you.
JohnsPop is online now Find More Posts by JohnsPop