HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2014, 09:32 AM
Joined Jan 2014
122 Posts
Discussion
WW1 - Centenary Edition Series

For the last several months, many of you know I have been working feverishly to fill a void left by the closure of AerodromeRC and create my own line of precision, lasercut kits for a robust line of iconic WW1 subjects for the building community.

I am so freaking excited and ready to introduce the first in line of my WW1 - Centenary Edition Series.

First up: Introducing Peter Rake's Fokker DVII, 1/6th Scale 58.40" wingspan; Copyright P.Rake 2014 - The Centenary Edition; Manufactured and distributed exclusively by JustOneMoreKit.com

I have committed the time and energy necessary creating many extras to make my Centenary Edition Series special for builders. Aside from establishing a much lower market price while maintaining the highest quality materials and laserwork, I have added the following to my kits:

1.) Most current and updated Peter Rake design available: copyright P. Rake 2014. Pete’s most current design and engineering, in its entirety, is included on 24” formatted blackline sheets.
2.) Additional drawing sheet(s) are included for select optional components (dummy engine, and weaponry), as well as a few optional fabrication methods (elevator and rutter shaping). I am also developing a detailed group of accessories to offer separately for cockpit features, detailing for the engine and detailing for the weaponry.
3.) Four additional 4”x24” sheets of ” balsa are included for optional “snap-together” fabrication method for the rudder and elevator, blocking for the massing of the wing tips, and the dummy engine parts (massing similar to Gupi’s incredible Sieben Schwaben)
4.) One additional sheet of 1/16” balsa is included for the turtle deck sheeting and 1/16" ply for the wheel rim/hubs.
5.) One additional sheet of 1/8” balsa is included for the wheel cores (3 discs each laminated together for 3/8” thick cores)
6.) One-half sheet of 3/16” balsa is included for dummy engine parts and mounting blocks for cable entries.
7.) Additional 1/64” ply parts are included for dummy engine.
8.) Two sheets .010 abs plastic sheet are included for fuselage side panel vents and features.
9.) Custom stenciling for Fokker DVII identification graphics.

10.) … and anything else I can include to make this a fantastic experience for the builders, including accepting personalized cutting requests... and a box of chocolates - be sure to specify milk, caramel or nuts.

I truly hope this proves to be a truly fun and pleasurable experience for all involved. And I am looking forward to some amazing builds together!

In hopes that there is positive interest and shared enthusiasm, I will soon follow with my fleet of over 2 dozen more incredible historic icons for you.
Until the website is launched, please PM for ordering.
Cheers!
Charles - Just1MoreKit
Just1MoreKit is offline Find More Posts by Just1MoreKit
Last edited by Just1MoreKit; Apr 05, 2014 at 03:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2014, 09:35 AM
Blacksburg, VA 24060 USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,204 Posts
Good luck.

Jim R.
JRuggiero is offline Find More Posts by JRuggiero
Old Apr 05, 2014, 09:44 AM
Retired and Lovin' it!
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
2,506 Posts
Can't find the website!

Tony
tpfing is offline Find More Posts by tpfing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: North Las Vegas 1971
Old Apr 05, 2014, 09:52 AM
Joined Jan 2014
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpfing View Post
Can't find the website!

Tony
Thanks Tony. Website will not go live for another week or so. I am only accepting orders through this forum for the 1/6th DVII at this time until the website is launched. Anyone who wishes to place an order should contact me direct through PM. I have an initial run of 15 kits immediately offered at $170 each plus shipping.
Old Apr 05, 2014, 12:46 PM
Joined Mar 2009
401 Posts
That DVII sounds great! Sign me up.
MikeSawicki is offline Find More Posts by MikeSawicki
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2014, 01:15 PM
AKA Jon Rider
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined May 2004
1,090 Posts
Fantastic!!!! I have personally seen the quality and precise cutting of Charles kits and accessories. The precision and the attention to detail is unmatched. I would put his work at or above Proctor or Arizona, at a price that fits into the capability of the modeling community. Charles is not new to extreme quality design and I look forward to being part of his centennial series of kits. He cut some stencils for me and I was floored at the exact detail and insane matching of the intended design.

This is a fantastic "next level" to the modeling community!!!!!
Shnokey is offline Find More Posts by Shnokey
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2014, 03:45 PM
Joined Jan 2014
122 Posts
Thanks so much guys for all the excitement and support! Super cool - orders already coming in!!! I am working hard to get that price down even lower, and happy to share that savings with everyone. I do however refuse to cut the quality of the wood to get us there. If all continues to go well and we move all 15 kits within the next couple weeks, then you can expect an additional discount off the $170 prior to shipping.
Old Apr 05, 2014, 03:46 PM
United States, NY, Dobbs Ferry
Joined Oct 2008
645 Posts
This is looking fantastic!

Stephen
nytjadens is online now Find More Posts by nytjadens
Old Apr 05, 2014, 05:00 PM
SPEED FREAK
albuquerque, NM
Joined Oct 2004
113 Posts
Awesome !!!

I have been talking closely with Charles the last couple of weeks . Very stand up dude , with tons of very cool equipment . From what I gather , us modelers are only limited bye our imaginations with these quality kits . I very much look forward to working with Charles in the future and post the builds of these beautiful kits !!! I'm in full throttle ! MIKE
flyte lyne is offline Find More Posts by flyte lyne
Old Apr 05, 2014, 09:45 PM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,374 Posts
I am interested. Can you post some photos of your Fokker?
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
Old Apr 05, 2014, 11:36 PM
United States, CA, Emeryville
Joined May 2007
184 Posts
I'm already in line.
Huey N is offline Find More Posts by Huey N
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2014, 12:38 AM
Balsa Lover
Vienna, Austria
Joined Jul 2010
812 Posts
How cool, my build is mentioned here :-) Thanks a lot!

If you're interested in my build, it's here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1814000

This sounds like it'll be a really great kit. I'd order one if wouldn't build from Pete's plans already. It's really fun to build a D.VII, so guys order like crazy!
gupi is offline Find More Posts by gupi
Old Apr 06, 2014, 09:45 AM
Joined Mar 2009
401 Posts
I've been lucky enough to actually see Charles in action. First hired him to do professional work on a case I had. Then, got lucky to have him help me cut the Dr.1 I've been building. I cannot say enough about how clean and precise the laser cutting was. You hear about brisket so well cooked it falls apart with a touch of the fork, that is how the balsa reacted after he was done cutting it for me. I think it even smelled good . . . but I digress.
MikeSawicki is offline Find More Posts by MikeSawicki
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2014, 01:33 PM
Joined Jan 2014
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSawicki View Post
I've been lucky enough ... I think it even smelled good . . . but I digress.
And if you drool long enough in anticipation, this one's even juicy Thanks Mike for the Great endorsement! And thank you all for the positive reception. I'm really looking forward to serving the building community. I've already received more initial orders than I originally expected (thanks to Pete's super design, and Gupi's incredible build!) so I'll need to order more wood tomorrow. If we hit our mark of 15 orders this week, I'm going to be able to drop the price for this initial run to $155 each (plus shipping) and share the savings with everyone.
Email or PM me if you would like one. And thanks for being patient with regards to the website - it will be up soon, but didn't want to delay getting these out any longer.
Old Apr 06, 2014, 04:40 PM
AKA Jon Rider
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined May 2004
1,090 Posts
OK - I'm in!!! - How about a Marine version - Ltn Sachsenberg's D.VII - Glad I saved a few bottles of Yellow from the DR 1 -
Shnokey is offline Find More Posts by Shnokey
RCG Plus Member