HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:11 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,158 Posts
Well it looks like I"m only one of a few who realize that this forum is absolutely not needed so I'm going be out voted. Will be interesting to see how long it will stay online. I'm sure there will be a short burst of postings in the new forum as there often is but when everyone stops posting it will be interesting to see how long it takes before RCG pulls the forum. Time will tell. Maybe I'll get lucky and snag a bargain at the start though. Fingers crossed. Till then, do keep in mind that we have two (not one, 2) dedicated c/l forums with active forsale threads and a much larger target audience than we have or will ever have here.

Just saying and cheers
johnbyrne is online now Find More Posts by johnbyrne
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:17 PM
Closed Account
Joined Oct 2010
126 Posts
yes
sundancer1 is offline Find More Posts by sundancer1
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:35 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,158 Posts
OK,

So I posted before that this is a no for me. Since that time for some reason I've seen many more c/l items pop up forsale so I thought about it and wondered if threads like this reminded people that they have items that some of us may want to buy.

Thus, I started having second thoughts about my no vote.

Soooooo, I'm am not officially reversing my NO vote and it is now a YES vote

Cheers all
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:50 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,204 Posts
'not' or 'now'?
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:08 AM
United States, GA, Rossville
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
Need control line area

I am new to flying and have found on a limited budget that control line is perfect. Please provide an area for this as it is very difficult to find products and information
John jor is offline Find More Posts by John jor
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:11 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,158 Posts
You will love control line but let me warn you, it isn't automatically less expensive than R/C. You can get as cheap or expensive as you want in both areas. A cheap say 15 sized control line plane can be made for $100 give or take but upper level c/l planes can be worth a grand or more. With that said, c/l is a wonderful hobby and if you think you may enjoy it I encourage you to try it but not because it is "cheap". It really is very fun and if you want to compete there are lots of contests across the US Best of luck.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:45 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,599 Posts
Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Of course many free flight and control line items can also be used for RC, so it's incorrect to exclude such items from having a section in the classifieds.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:23 AM
Joined Oct 2009
79 Posts
CL site

We doo need one, alot of intrest in CL lately.
wingnut1st is offline Find More Posts by wingnut1st