SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 09, 2012, 04:26 AM
Joined Jun 2012
19 Posts
Question
Anyone used this Q650 Carbon Fiber Frame?

Has anyone got any experience of this frame, not sure if it goes by another name elsewhere?

Trying to get an idea of the quality.

Many Thanks
Dan

http://unmannedtechshop.co.uk/UT-Q650-Quad-Frame

Instruction manual
dannyguk is offline Find More Posts by dannyguk
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:13 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,015 Posts
I saw this...

looks to be an Xaircraft X650V clone but with a different cover and bottom plate, oh yes, and probably longer arms aswell.

Could be a slightly different version of the rc timer one
You may notice a similarity in pictures used the instruction manuals
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:58 AM
Joined Jun 2012
19 Posts
Aha it does appear to be a variation of that rc timer frame.

It's a nice looking frame, I just wish I could see one in person before buying. Fed up of buying frames that appear to be good, but have poor build quality when they arrive!
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:13 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,015 Posts
One good thing about the XA stuff is that there are a fair number of suppliers of the parts (even some in UK), but that isn't much use if it's not an exact clone/uses different parts (eg longer arms!)....

All I can say is that you get alot of frame for the money

Apparantly 'Paul' says on the website:
'Great frame, with easy to follow instructions. I had it build and flying in no time! Just waiting to order the Gimbal to go with this quadcopter frame! Thanks'
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Jun 2012
19 Posts
I'm always a bit skeptical of reviews, especially when there's only one.

It does really look nice though. The Lunar Explorer also looks good, and it's quite a bit cheaper, and lighter I think.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:00 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,015 Posts
I agree

The Lunar Explorer frames are actually done by Jakub

He has his own site selling various frames plus other parts if you're interested.
There's probably a thread on these forums for his stuff - just search for threads started by him
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:12 PM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waitakere
Joined Sep 2007
737 Posts
Its the same one here

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/xa650-car...ding-skid.html
koolkiwikat is offline Find More Posts by koolkiwikat
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:00 AM
Joined Jun 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
I agree

The Lunar Explorer frames are actually done by Jakub

He has his own site selling various frames plus other parts if you're interested.
There's probably a thread on these forums for his stuff - just search for threads started by him
Ah awesome thanks
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:11 AM
United Kingdom, England, Hockley
Joined Aug 2008
20 Posts
Just finished putting my unmannedtech q650 together and in the process of hooking up the electronics. I also ordered a few xaircraft x650 spares to see if they are compatible (esc covers, battery hangers and some landing gear).

Overall the frame seems very good value considering its all CF, only down side is it would have been usefull to have a couple of stacking plates and a controller board mounting plate included, I've had to cut my own as although the case is large there was no way I could fit everything onto the upper deck (APM2.5, EZOSD, GPS, RX) so needed to go vertical. Oh and although you get a couple of equipment hangers included there is no obviouse place to mount the battery or battery plate included.

I've setup in an X8 configuration and there was no way all 8 ESC were going to fit between the frames (4 would have been a squeeze) alongside a power distribution harness/board so I've mounted these on the arm ends. I'm using 30A ESC which are too large to fit inside the ESC recesses with covers on making it look slightly messier than I'd like but still a whole lot cleaner than my old HK quad frame setup.

All up (3s1p 4000mah battery included) it weighs in at just over 2kg. Am using 950Kva motors with 10x4.5 CF props so plenty of lift, not sure what flying time I'll get on the single 3s1p but there is plenty of spare room to double up on batteries...
Crumpled is offline Find More Posts by Crumpled