HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 725 86.00%
were just asking for too much 118 14.00%
Voters: 843. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:24 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
On the T-28 you could use the stock 3-pin motor connector. so its just fine
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:01 AM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,375 Posts
just tried to squeeze in someflights. gusting to 30 mph! got in 1.5 flights and landed. no way! not woth it, she was everywhere. she lives to fly another day. cant wait to get my sbach now. torn between the 2 models, original or gyro...
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:02 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
just tried to squeeze in someflights. gusting to 30 mph! got in 1.5 flights and landed. no way! not woth it, she was everywhere. she lives to fly another day. cant wait to get my sbach now. torn between the 2 models, original or gyro...
I have the original. It is great, but its not 3d.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:42 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,375 Posts
im not a 3d guy mYself but i do like the blue color as a change from my 2 - t28 s in red and white. think im leaning blue one with gyro.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:51 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,016 Posts
My only worry would be visability with the blue on a blue sky background. I know I had big issues with that on the UM mustang and it being silver.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:54 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
The Sbach 3D is not a true 3D ship, the only thing that makes it more 3D is its just alot more stable in a hover and harrier compared to the original.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:22 PM
Crash Expert
United States, MN, Circle Pines
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdumo View Post
I converted my T28 sometime ago to 2S brushless.
Used an AP05 motor and Turnigy Plush 6A ESC.
I reprogrammed the brick to use the brushless option and connected the ESC motor input to the motor input on the brick.

Going to use a Turnigy C10 motor this time and another Turnigy Plush 6A on a Polecat.

Just curious!

Has anyone connected an ESC to the AUX port/CH 5 port and reprogrammed the TX to operate the ESC(motor)?

Happen to have any close-up shots of it. I'm just about to pull the trigger on the AP05 motor and Plush 6A ESC. I'll take any help I can get. I've seen the method for changing the brick to Brushless mode, I am a very visual learner, so the more pics of your install the better!
Motorbikebruno is offline Find More Posts by Motorbikebruno
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:39 PM
Canada, ON, Calabogie
Joined May 2011
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbikebruno View Post
Happen to have any close-up shots of it. I'm just about to pull the trigger on the AP05 motor and Plush 6A ESC. I'll take any help I can get. I've seen the method for changing the brick to Brushless mode, I am a very visual learner, so the more pics of your install the better!

Found my thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6932
msdumo is offline Find More Posts by msdumo
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:00 AM
United States, TX, Caldwell
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
Hawks after my T28

Just recently entered the UM T28 world. After trying to fly it around in the alley next to my house, getting it hung up in the cable tv lines, running it into my shop, I finally went out to a field the kids use to play baseball and soccer, basicly wide open. Hand launched the T28 and got it up to trim it out, everything going pretty good, had to trim it down a bunch and to the right some, then what do I see, a hawk after the helpless T28. I did a couple do-da's and he finally left. I must have been in his territory. Happened the next day, but with a smaller hawk this time. Going out later today and see what happens. A great flying plane. I also have a P51, which was a bit to handle until I got it trimmed out. I will be getting one of the Spit's in the next few days. Just love the 4 bladed prop.
cwmoss is offline Find More Posts by cwmoss
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:42 AM
Crash Expert
United States, MN, Circle Pines
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Quote:
That's perfect! I've been compiling a list of specs/vids/pictures to make it easier when the stuff arrives. Ordered it up last night! Can't wait! My wife JUST decided to get into this, so I let her fly..er...crash my T-28 about 20 times today. Not even a scratch! (well it was already pretty ugly from my learning on it...) Love this plane!
Motorbikebruno is offline Find More Posts by Motorbikebruno
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:11 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbikebruno View Post
That's perfect! I've been compiling a list of specs/vids/pictures to make it easier when the stuff arrives. Ordered it up last night! Can't wait! My wife JUST decided to get into this, so I let her fly..er...crash my T-28 about 20 times today. Not even a scratch! (well it was already pretty ugly from my learning on it...) Love this plane!
Awwww! that is a great learner plane too!
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:19 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Rolleston
Joined Oct 2011
1,057 Posts
Quote:
I think there was a mention of reprogramming the brick (servo board)? I've looked at your pictures and some others that have been put up. Your ESC is plugged straight into the brick, the other modified T-28 had a brushed to brushless adaptor board between the brick and ESC.

Re-Programming?

Also are you still using the original Tx, the one that comes with the RTF version?
Mac50L is online now Find More Posts by Mac50L
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Motor cover and mount retention
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:27 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Rolleston
Joined Oct 2011
1,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmoss View Post
Hand launched the T28 and ... then what do I see, a hawk after the helpless T28. I did a couple do-da's and he finally left. I must have been in his territory. Happened the next day, but with a smaller hawk this time. Going out later today and see what happens.
I think pulling tight loops has them confused. I've had a squadron of swallows formate with mine. Not sure if it was curiosity or territorial.

I was in Australia last month and saw a lot of small birds chasing larger birds (territorial) and it looked like it could have been fun doing air combat. When you see a small crow chasing a pelican it looks interesting. Actually the pelican ignored the other bird, found an unpainted house roof and after about 6 turns was at least at 400 feet (thermalling). Note - a pelican looks/flies like a 747 compared with other birds.
Mac50L is online now Find More Posts by Mac50L
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Motor cover and mount retention
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac50L View Post
I think there was a mention of reprogramming the brick (servo board)? I've looked at your pictures and some others that have been put up. Your ESC is plugged straight into the brick, the other modified T-28 had a brushed to brushless adaptor board between the brick and ESC.

Re-Programming?
Indeed, you can program the brick to support an external brushless ESC instead of the (default mode) internal brushed ESC.

The instructions are in the instructions for the brick (but not in the planes instruction book). Look up the brick (AR6400) on HH and there is a link to its separate manual.

Programming is performed by holding the TX sticks in various positions while plugging the battery into the brick.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:55 PM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac50L View Post
I think pulling tight loops has them confused. I've had a squadron of swallows formate with mine. Not sure if it was curiosity or territorial.

I was in Australia last month and saw a lot of small birds chasing larger birds (territorial) and it looked like it could have been fun doing air combat. When you see a small crow chasing a pelican it looks interesting. Actually the pelican ignored the other bird, found an unpainted house roof and after about 6 turns was at least at 400 feet (thermalling). Note - a pelican looks/flies like a 747 compared with other birds.
A little off topic, but at my grandmothershouse she has a bunch of birdhouses for purple martins in her backyard. I tried to fly my micro corsair in the front yard (This is before I got my t-28) and the birds, at least a hundred of them, started chasing it and trying to take a peck at it. I always had a least two on my six, (Get these guys off my tail, I can't shake them!!!) the others wee circling and making diving passes. (Theres just too many of them!)
Waffleman is online now Find More Posts by Waffleman