SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Jan 2012
44 Posts
Discussion
Another shipping question.

Ok I live in the U.S. and wanted to know why and item (Tx) is cheaper including shipping if I were to order from the international warehouse than my own countrie's? Besides faster delivery time, is there anything I am missing? I picked the cheapest shipping option on both warehouses. Thanks!

Iwfs
IwillFlySoon is offline Find More Posts by IwillFlySoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:36 PM
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IwillFlySoon View Post
Ok I live in the U.S. and wanted to know why and item (Tx) is cheaper including shipping if I were to order from the international warehouse than my own countrie's? Besides faster delivery time, is there anything I am missing? I picked the cheapest shipping option on both warehouses. Thanks!

Iwfs
It could have to do with import fees on large quantities of items, it could just be an error, it could just be what they meant to do. Like you said though, you are going to spend a long time waiting for the radio from the international warehouse. If its a matter of $20, for me, I would just pay the extra $20 to have it in my hands in 3-5 days vs waiting on the slow boat.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:37 PM
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined May 2010
216 Posts
It could be that only HK knows.
weimer20 is offline Find More Posts by weimer20
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:33 AM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2012
73 Posts
Any import duty or import taxes will have already been paid on items in your home country warehouse, anything from the international one is subject to your countries import rules. In the UK that means possibly duty and V.A.T., also our postal service then charges you for handling the import charges. Not all packages seem to get checked and charged, so some get through and the cheaper international price, but my experience is that most get charged and then it works out more expensive than the local version, which I would also get faster. I order from the UK warehouse if they have the items, fastest and I know for sure how much it will cost me.

Endolf
Endolf is offline Find More Posts by Endolf
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:51 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,176 Posts
My guess is a % of the cost of operating the US warehouse is added on to the cost of the product.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:08 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,802 Posts
I'm only guessing here but i'd say it's down to import tax,lets say HK USA has a few big containers come into the country,HK then has to pay import Tax on them i would of thought,so that could be why the price on your local HK warehouse products has gone up.

Just like it has in our UK warehouse,i for one would rather pay the extra for items out of the local HK warehouse as it does mean i'll get my order in a day or so,depending on what postal service i use,as someone else has said we in the UK have to pay for our products that come from Hong Kong/Asia not just from Hobbyking,charges are for Tax/VAT and then our lovely postal service charges us for the privilege but thats not every time,it's more a hit and miss well it is for my parcels,so we are a lot better off in the long run with having a local warehouse,i think thats one of the reasons Hobbyking has started to add more warehouses around the world,plus to make money of course.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:43 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,378 Posts
Shipping logistics are not free. You gotta pay to get your container loaded off a ship and get the product from port to your warehouse. That said I've seen cases where products are cheaper in the US warehouse then international. I think prices will fluctuate based on what their cost was on the stock they are currently using.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver