HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:35 AM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Hey,

This is a R/C motorcycle thread guys! Stop positing those nice and heart pumping videos, LOL.

Yesterday, I was jumping my MM450 through 6 feet high jumps. It's so cool to see the bike on the air so high and at 45+ degrees attitude!

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:22 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
That's no good about the injury mate, I sold my CR125 after a crash had me nearly paralysed over a big tabletop. I was super lucky that day.

On a nicer note, I can't get my 13t pinion to run freely, I think it might be binding with the frame that is on each side of the motor shaft. Anyone else have that problem and did you just dremel it down to fit??
Ouch, yea sorry Alan I forgot to mention making a little clearance for the pinion.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Test video
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:23 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
mate, now that's a real bike gotta love the 2 stroke it is like music to the ears.
Exactly my thoughts Chris, beautiful music .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:26 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Hey,

This is a R/C motorcycle thread guys! Stop positing those nice and heart pumping videos, LOL.

Yesterday, I was jumping my MM450 through 6 feet high jumps. It's so cool to see the bike on the air so high and at 45+ degrees attitude!

David
Cool David, I hope you have some spares in case something goes wrong on one of those big jumps David . Have fun.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:16 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Cool David, I hope you have some spares in case something goes wrong on one of those big jumps David . Have fun.
Chris,

Actually, I was thinking about that because I don't have any at the moment. I had to put that new big bore to work after costing me that much, LOL.

Do you think the bike will break even landing the correct way?

What height will be ok to jump without risking the bike?

David
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:47 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,906 Posts
Quote:
Cool vids mate, i like your quadcopter you will definitely have to come for a bash & bring that & get some footage from the air
Just let me know when you're free, I'll try and get my mate Paul and his S800 commercial grade Hexacopter to come out so I can ride too!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:20 PM
Malaysia, Johor, Johor Bahru
Joined Nov 2011
15 Posts
Wheelie Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
I have finally gotten around to joining the wheelie bar club some of you may recognise it as a raptor belt guide it will be having o rings stretched over it as a tyre .
Nice wheelie bar! What thickness is the graphite and how does it stand up during use?
Regards,
Nachi
Nachiappan is offline Find More Posts by Nachiappan
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:29 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachiappan View Post
Nice wheelie bar! What thickness is the graphite and how does it stand up during use?
Regards,
Nachi
The sheet is 2mm and it seems quite industrial.
Gaz-b is online now Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:59 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Chris,

Actually, I was thinking about that because I don't have any at the moment. I had to put that new big bore to work after costing me that much, LOL.

Do you think the bike will break even landing the correct way?

What height will be ok to jump without risking the bike?

David
I bet if you keep the jumps very scale like the bike won't break often at all. If you jump higher than 24" , ya better have a down ramp to land on to ease the impact. Another thing to think about is that when a component breaks, is, how many times have you stressed that part? Those impacts accumulate on a part and just when ya think it'll never break it does. That's why top fuel dragsters get a complete rebuild between runs even if they didn't break on the previous run! I have a very well to do buddy that developed titanium valve springs for the drag racing groups. In that development, he studied how many times he could compress his springs before they broke and determined how many runs the engine could take at 10,000 rpm. That way the car owners could run a certain amount of runs before they had to change out the valve springs saving them tons of money. Even tho' the titanium springs were $1800 a set!!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:25 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
Fatigue http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatigue_limit

Although not a consideration in RC MX bikes per se, resonance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resonance can cause premature fatigue.

Both of those covers valve springs, and almost anything you care to mention. Resonate (squeeze and release) almost any material at the right frequency and 'pop'. The ''glass shattering by the opera singer'' quote is one example. Interesting to note that at the point where the material resonates, material strength drops off significantly. ( Thank you mis spent youth watching late 1970's Open University programmes on BBC2).

OT message ends.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:54 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Guys,

Thanks for your recommendations. You bet I"ll keep them in my mind as I don't want to trash the bike. I'm planning on ordering a portable skateboard ramp. It's profile will let me practice back-flips at a moderate altitude. Chris's back-flips are amazing!

David
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:50 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,298 Posts
Since people are posting personal motorcycle videos, I figure I will share some pics of a few of the other miniature bikes I have built. All California street-legal minis. I'll be building another this spring.

Mini bikes rule.
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:23 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
Since people are posting personal motorcycle videos, I figure I will share some pics of a few of the other miniature bikes I have built. All California street-legal minis. I'll be building another this spring.

Mini bikes rule.
Nice
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:36 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Just let me know when you're free, I'll try and get my mate Paul and his S800 commercial grade Hexacopter to come out so I can ride too!
my lipo's came today so i am free anytime that is good for you mate.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:44 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post

Mini bikes rule.
I love that Monkey R-75 mate, very cool looking little one!!

Quote:
my lipo's came today so i am free anytime that is good for you mate.
Sweet, ive also got 6 lipos for mine that i havent even broken in yet!!! Are you free any weekdays or will just weekends be the go?
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman