Jun 03, 2012, 07:03 PM
D W
D W
I love you man.
[QUOTE=wrightme;21792390]That says 'habitual abuser.' Not, prescribed user.
/QUOTE]

I will let you engage me, briefly. Other than in a Hospice situation, if you are taking a LETHAL amount of pain meds, you ARE a habitual ABUSER. I've worked in the field.
Now I need to go condition my hair. I've suddenly got a bad case of split ends.
Jun 03, 2012, 07:03 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
Quit baiting him Kenny.
I am not intentionally doing that.
Jun 03, 2012, 07:06 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W

I will let you engage me, briefly. Other than in a Hospice situation, if you are taking a LETHAL amount of pain meds, you ARE a habitual ABUSER. I've worked in the field.
Now I need to go condition my hair. I've suddenly got a bad case of split ends.
What metric are you using?
Jun 03, 2012, 07:06 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
How is having a gun a 'threat?' Cops have guns too. Are they threats?

The simple fact of having a firearm does not make someone a 'threat.' Why would you claim that it does?
You'd better be a cop if you don't want suspicions raised when you show a gun.
Jun 03, 2012, 07:23 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Quote:
Quit baiting him Kenny.
"Baiting"? I don't see that at all. What I do see is one guy with 4X the number of posts than anyone else in this thread, once again engaging in endless pedantic nit picking.
Jun 03, 2012, 07:25 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
You'd better be a cop if you don't want suspicions raised when you show a gun.
Huh? Why?

You DO know that it is legal to own and carry firearms, right? How does that become a 'threat,' or now, your backpedal to 'suspicions raised?'

What exactly is lawful activity 'suspicion of' except lawful activity?
Jun 03, 2012, 07:33 PM
D W
D W
I love you man.
Quote:
Now that's funny!
Not so funny anymore.
Jun 03, 2012, 07:53 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Quote:
Cops have guns too. Are they threats?

Make up your mind.
Jun 03, 2012, 07:54 PM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
I am not intentionally doing that.
I certainly apologize if you had no intention of it.
Jun 03, 2012, 07:58 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
I certainly apologize if you had no intention of it.
No problem, thanks for the heads up.
Jun 03, 2012, 07:58 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
What 'threat' did he present?

How have you determined that he was a 'fool?'
How do you know it wasn't the loss prevention person being the 'fool?'
Well ,he is a fool because his actions got him killed.

BTW What threat was present for the man to need a weapon? Its easy for you to understand the man needs self defence but you are reluctant to admit some people see HIM as the threat or have a right to be concerned. The store/police tried to eliminate and worry in a civil manner and the FOOL couldnt comply.
Jun 03, 2012, 08:07 PM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard
The store/police tried to eliminate and worry in a civil manner and the FOOL couldnt comply.
Actually, nothing would likely have happened if this guy hadn't followed Scott out of the store, and provoked the confrontation.

Jun 03, 2012, 08:08 PM
D W
D W
I love you man.
I'm wondering how many times a Costco ( or whatever) employee has approached a gun carrying customer, explained their policy, asked for him to leave and the customer politely says "Honey, I'll wait for you out in the car"?
Maybe it happens a lot.
Then again that requires a rational reaction by the customer, something that is pretty difficult to expect from someone on big doses of pain meds.
Jun 03, 2012, 08:11 PM
Whirled Peas
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci guy
Actually, nothing would likely have happened if this guy hadn't followed Scott out of the store and provoked the confrontation.
Damn; another fellow who looks like he could have a neighbourhood watch captain complex. How'd he fair in the the unlawful death lawsuit?
Jun 03, 2012, 08:23 PM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer
Damn; another fellow who looks like he could have a neighbourhood watch captain complex. How'd he fair in the the unlawful death lawsuit?
I believe that he is still being sued, as is Costco.

As I understand one version of the sequence of events, Scott had already walked past Officer Mosher, when Lierley, who placed the 911 call, alerted Mosher, and pointed him out. From then on it was a rushed job, with Mosher trying to catch up to someone already past him. I believe this sequence is accurate, because Scott had to turn around to face Mosher.

From the inquest
Quote:
Mosher said he came to the door of Costco with his gun drawn because of what he had been told about Scott.

Mosher said Scott was pointed out to him by a Costco employee. He said Scott's only words to him were that he had a gun.

Quick Reply