HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2015, 09:35 PM
Joined Oct 2013
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Got to wait to watch the video, Internet sucks on Shemeya, AK. I'm sure another awesome video from Jase, and the 48"MXS is a special airframe to me, so I can't wait. Arg.
Where exactly are you in Anchorage Brian? I live in Eagle River and also fly both scale and 3d. We fly at Cheney lake in Anchorage almost every Saturday and Sunday morning at about 9 a.m.
Harmwalker is offline Find More Posts by Harmwalker
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2015, 01:22 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
5,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmwalker View Post
Where exactly are you in Anchorage Brian? I live in Eagle River and also fly both scale and 3d. We fly at Cheney lake in Anchorage almost every Saturday and Sunday morning at about 9 a.m.
I fly down at Klatt ball fields, but been going to the Frontier fun flyers field just before the Big Lake turnoff lately to fly the 91". Cheney Lake??? I've heard of it, but don't know the location. Going snow machining this weekend, but would like to go check your place out sometime. How many people flying? Would gas be a option?

Edit: googled it... Now I remember where it is, haha, no gas as I didn't realize it's in town. Have to check it out sometime.
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Feb 28, 2015, 06:38 PM
Joined Oct 2013
48 Posts
Yeah, good for electric but not gas. Do you have any YouTube vids up for viewing?
Old Mar 01, 2015, 01:05 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
5,279 Posts
Search bryansifsof44 on YouTube... I have a bunch there. Electric vids are from klatt and gas stuff is from big lake.
My early vids have many of the 48" MXS
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Mar 01, 2015, 11:31 PM
Joined Oct 2013
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Search bryansifsof44 on YouTube... I have a bunch there. Electric vids are from klatt and gas stuff is from big lake.
My early vids have many of the 48" MXS
Awesome! It will be nice to finally see a local 3D guy. You really should show up to Cheney sometime with you MXS. I would love to trade tips and tricks.
Old Mar 02, 2015, 04:15 PM
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
1,197 Posts
I just got mine and took it out of the box to inspect it. Hot dam this thing is even more bad a$$ looking then I ever expected. I'm really pleased with this little guy. If it flys half as good as it looks I will be just as much as when I first flew my 60 inch yak. My main goal with this plane is to beat the holy crap out of it doing extreme aerobatics. It should be perfect for that. Oh yeah I got the white and blue one. I'm really glad I went with this scheme after now seeing it in person.
Gregertman is online now Find More Posts by Gregertman
Old Mar 02, 2015, 07:01 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregertman View Post
I just got mine and took it out of the box to inspect it. Hot dam this thing is even more bad a$$ looking then I ever expected. I'm really pleased with this little guy. If it flys half as good as it looks I will be just as much as when I first flew my 60 inch yak. My main goal with this plane is to beat the holy crap out of it doing extreme aerobatics. It should be perfect for that. Oh yeah I got the white and blue one. I'm really glad I went with this scheme after now seeing it in person.
yes, yes and yes. Its all that and a bag o chips
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Mar 03, 2015, 12:42 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,431 Posts
Just started work on my new MXS. This is my second Extreme Flight plane.

My question is regarding the graphics. I know how to apply these but I am curious about how much of the clear material around the graphic do you remove?

Do you attempt to cut as close as possible or just cut out a rectangle shape?

The large MXS graphics I was thinking of removing as much of the clear around the letters as possible.

Not sure if that is a good idea or not.

Bob
helicow is online now Find More Posts by helicow
Old Mar 03, 2015, 01:44 PM
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
1,197 Posts
It's kind of your choice. I personally cut mine close and use windex to aply them for a bubble fee application. It also allows you to place them exactly where you want them. Another thing that I do is I fly te plane for a good month or longer without the stickers. Because I know that wrinkles will develop once it gets out in the sun. Some wrinkles are small but some get prety big. This way I know there is no chance of damaging the decals from to much heat. You will still get wrinkles here and there for the life of the plane. But the realy big and hard to get out ones show up in the first month or two.
Gregertman is online now Find More Posts by Gregertman
Old Mar 03, 2015, 04:08 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,431 Posts
Good idea - that and if I find the turf too soon, did not waste my time with that
helicow is online now Find More Posts by helicow
Old Mar 03, 2015, 06:23 PM
Team Extreme Flight, JR, BandE
Georgetown, IN
Joined Dec 2003
2,204 Posts
Ditto to what Gregertman said.
Jeff
jwilliamsrc is offline Find More Posts by jwilliamsrc