New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by drambuidhe
United Kingdom, Scotland, Argyll and Bute
Joined Oct 2012
1,004 Posts
cog question

I know it's not as big but I have the 2m span version of this plane which is identical in every other way to it bigger brother.
I have searched high and low for info on the 2m one and found nothing on this exact model only similar ones which don't quite look the same.
What I would like to know is what is the COG measurement for yours since I reckon mine would be the same.
With mine loaded with 2x 2200 3s lipos and my fpv equipment I struggle to prevent it from being tail heavy , even with everything as far forward as possible.
The best I can get is the cog on the first wing spar but I feel it should be further forward so may have to add some lead
Thanks for looking
drambuidhe is offline Find More Posts by drambuidhe
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2015, 08:26 PM
Find More Posts by HeartSailor
Geeks 'R' Us
United States, MO, Smithville
Joined Jan 2013
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drambuidhe View Post
...what is the COG measurement for yours since I reckon mine would be the same.
I'm actually sure it would not be the same. On the SSS the COG is between 94-100 mm behind the leading edge of the wing at the root, depending on how you like it balanced.

I found this short thread dedicated to the BH Sky Surfer COG question which states the COG is 60 mm behind the leading edge. Here's a link to that thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1899635
HeartSailor is offline Find More Posts by HeartSailor
Old Feb 21, 2015, 04:27 AM
Find More Posts by drambuidhe
United Kingdom, Scotland, Argyll and Bute
Joined Oct 2012
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartSailor View Post
I'm actually sure it would not be the same. On the SSS the COG is between 94-100 mm behind the leading edge of the wing at the root, depending on how you like it balanced.

I found this short thread dedicated to the BH Sky Surfer COG question which states the COG is 60 mm behind the leading edge. Here's a link to that thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1899635
Thanks for your help, I'll try and see how that works. At the moment its more like 100mm than 60 but seems prone to stalling at that.
drambuidhe is offline Find More Posts by drambuidhe
Old Feb 21, 2015, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by quaddamage
Joined Jun 2014
184 Posts
Here is my current build
quaddamage is offline Find More Posts by quaddamage
Old Feb 21, 2015, 09:20 PM
Find More Posts by quaddamage
Joined Jun 2014
184 Posts
More pics
quaddamage is offline Find More Posts by quaddamage
Old Feb 22, 2015, 06:06 PM
Find More Posts by lv2soar
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post
amen brother !!

i have only a few expectations of this plane-
I want to haul two gopros and 2 hk cams aloft and be nice and steady- I wont do any rolls- i wont do any loops- i wont fly inverted-
if i want to do that stuff i will fly my P-51 mustangs or other fast sporty planes

I just want enough power to turn this 8 ft monster into a spec in the sky and then read my eagle tree altimeter when it comes down...

I am confident Eckace and I will get the power set up to give me enough climb to get to my target of 3000ft.. It ought to be easy to see at that altitude as I have had a radian to 2600ft
If i have to spend another $100 to get it the way I want it- no problem- just work another 4 hours that week-lol

We will post the video of the maiden and the altitude attempt- I can't believe one of you guys that has one flying isn't sticking a cam on there and sharing with us,,,,shame !!!-
Is you a radio a Spektrum? at 3000 ft? What receiver will I need for that range?
Do you have a ceiling limit due to real planes overhead?
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar